Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Activate/deactivate Chime And Warning Light For Seat Belt

starfield

How to activate/deactivate chime and warning light for seat belt

Preparation:

1. Apply the parking brake.

2. Select neutral

3. Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.

4. Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.

5. Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.

Deactivating/Activating:

1. Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).

2. The airbag warning indicator will extinguish within 10 seconds.

3. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

4. The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.

5. To activate the belt minder, repeat Steps 1 through 3.

6. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

I have tried this and it works...

• Like 1

Doesn't work on my mk1 zetec :(

Doesn't work on my mk1 zetec :(

Cant see why you'd want it to theres enough people telling you what to do in life let alone the car bossing you around! :P

Cheers for the tip though starfield

Mike

Cant see why you'd want it to theres enough people telling you what to do in life let alone the car bossing you around! tongue.gif

Cheers for the tip though starfield

Mike

other than that its seriously annoying when youre doing summat on the car and have the engine running worse than the mrs in the car

apparently it only works on focus mk2 and maybe focus 2.5. there is a different 'ritual' for mark 1

apparently it only works on focus mk2 and maybe focus 2.5. there is a different 'ritual' for mark 1

Throw holy water on the seats and shout "HOLY LORD ACTIVATE THIS SEATBELT WARNING CHIME AND APPEASE THE DEMONS THAT MAKE ME DRIVE WITH OUT ONE ON"

sorry cudant resist :P

Mike

• Haha 1

Throw holy water on the seats and shout "HOLY LORD ACTIVATE THIS SEATBELT WARNING CHIME AND APPEASE THE DEMONS THAT MAKE ME DRIVE WITH OUT ONE ON"

sorry cudant resist tongue.gif

Mike

ts in the manual and very long winded to be honest im sure it was posted on here earlier

Thats great. Now can you tell me how to deactivate the low petrol light so i can keep driving without filling the car up. Cheers. :P

Preparation:

1. Apply the parking brake.

2. Select neutral

3. Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.

4. Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.

5. Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.

Deactivating/Activating:

1. Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).

2. The airbag warning indicator will extinguish within 10 seconds.

3. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

4. The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.

5. To activate the belt minder, repeat Steps 1 through 3.

6. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

I have tried this and it works...

There's a much practical way - and you can do it as you drive. Just press the red button on the seatbelt buckle repeatingly - for 7-10 times may be. And then it deactivates -both the signal and the icon on the dashboard.

There's a much practical way - and you can do it as you drive. Just press the red button on the seatbelt buckle repeatingly - for 7-10 times may be. And then it deactivates -both the signal and the icon on the dashboard.

and an even quicker way:

here it is from the mk2 user manual........buckle up and within 3 seconds unbuckle....and that's it.

...........simples

Obviously this is a one trip fix, meaning it goes back to the default warning at the next ignition fire up. In fact it may need doing again in a jump out of the car to open a gate operation scenario.

• 2 years later...

Working for Focus Mk2 and deactivating both. I'd really prefer to leave warning light and only turn off chimes, but it seems it always goes together, stupid solution for us who take a lot of short and slow rides. Information display has settings for different chimes, but not for this one.

• 1 year later...

does this do both seats or do you have to do passenger as well

Passenger doesnt have an alarm normally, but if they do, I believe it covers both.

• 5 months later...

i have a 2ltr automatic focus with electric start is it the same procedure for activating the seatbelt alarm? as there is no position 2 on the electric start that pos starts the engine so anybody got any ideas?

thank you

as long as the key is in the vicinity you can try it with it engine off or on.

• 5 years later...

I have a 2010 Focus push button start. where the passengers seat belt warning sounds when someone is in the seat but no mater what I have tried the drivers seat belt alarm will not work??? 

My 2018 mk4 has a similar problem. I've got an isofix child's seat in the back and even if there's no child in there, it often thinks that someone's sitting in the seat triggers the no seatbelt alarm.

I'd love to deactivate the drivers alarm but keep the passenger one active, shame they are both connected...

• 9 months later...

I am unable to turn my key to ANY position. I have push button ignition activation   How can I disarm the seatbelt alarm? 

5 hours ago, Anne marotta said:

I am unable to turn my key to ANY position.

Are you saying that your ignition key barrel is broken?

8 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Are you saying that your ignition key barrel is broken?

No, she said she has push button ignition activation so she won't have a key barrel to break. 😀

• 8 months later...

This worked for me on my 2018 focus st line.but only had to buckle and unbuckle 4times.keyless ignition so you only have to press the button to turn ignition on but don’t start the engine then follow the procedure.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club