AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMR

Cleaning

4 posts in this topic

evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?

evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?

no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter

no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter

yep +1 to that reply, best to leave it alone or replace it if its playing up.

Just had mine replaced on my C-Max. That plus a TMAP sensor and diagnostic cost just over £500!

The sensor itself only costs around £60 to £80 (when I looked into it after having the work done!!). Not sure what ruins them or whether or not they just wear out (I've only done 30K). I'm not even sure what the "fault" was with mine as it didn't improve my rough running and Ford could not tell me why it failed, just that it was showing up as faulty on the computer.