Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning

evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?

• 3 weeks later...

evening all

need to clean my lambda sensor and was wondering what is the best cleaner to use?

i'm thinking carb or brake cleaner, which is strongest?

no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter

• 3 months later...

no you dont touch them mate doesnt take much to damage them they are cleaned by the exhaust heat so leave them well alone or you may find youre pocket gets lighter

yep +1 to that reply, best to leave it alone or replace it if its playing up.

Just had mine replaced on my C-Max. That plus a TMAP sensor and diagnostic cost just over £500!

The sensor itself only costs around £60 to £80 (when I looked into it after having the work done!!). Not sure what ruins them or whether or not they just wear out (I've only done 30K). I'm not even sure what the "fault" was with mine as it didn't improve my rough running and Ford could not tell me why it failed, just that it was showing up as faulty on the computer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club