Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting And Secret Hole Manual (Well, Sort Of)

caloyski

These days I think you will find that all cars have a full loom fitted.

So all the plugs, sockets and wires are there it's just that some are not used.

Colin.

Ok on further investigation under the footwell i have found just to the left of the steering columm a small yellow plug with two wires this plus is just clipped into the plastic is this it or have i found something else? and ive found the plastic bulb bracket.

did you find it already?

it would appear mine is poverty spec, so its a no no unfortunately.

but that image shown me exactly where to look and allowed me to summise that i have the mounting position with no bulb holder in it so deffo don't have it.

thanks fella!

it would appear mine is poverty spec, so its a no no unfortunately.

but that image shown me exactly where to look and allowed me to summise that i have the mounting position with no bulb holder in it so deffo don't have it.

thanks fella!

that's strange.. i have the lowest 1.4L spec.

Just had a quick look on mine and there is nothing, unless the wire and socket have been tucked up some where.

• 11 months later...

well, i actually don't have the ambient lighting option in the vehicle menu on the HU. i just checked if i have the footwell lights sockets underneath my dash.. luckily, i have them and tried filling them in with bulbs. then as soon as i fill them with bulb, they lit up as courtesy lights (door opened, unlocked car, engine just turned off). then i bought a strip LED lights then tap them to the footwell lights wiring..that's it.. just check if you have those footwell bulb sockets underneath the dash plastics.

Just recently, i've got my new Fiesta, and checked for footwell lights sockets. This may seem weird, but sockets are there and they're wired. I have tried filling them with W5W red bulbs, but it seems that there is no power since they do not light up. Furthermore in the menu i haven't got ambient lighting option. My car is a mid spec fiesta built in 2010(germany) with automatic air-conditioning, bt/vc/usb radio options. I think that the footwell sockets are not enabled in the GEM module. I am now wondering how to get it working, any help would be appreciated.

p.s.

Sorry for my english, not from UK

Just recently, i've got my new Fiesta, and checked for footwell lights sockets. This may seem weird, but sockets are there and they're wired. I have tried filling them with W5W red bulbs, but it seems that there is no power since they do not light up. Furthermore in the menu i haven't got ambient lighting option. My car is a mid spec fiesta built in 2010(germany) with automatic air-conditioning, bt/vc/usb radio options. I think that the footwell sockets are not enabled in the GEM module. I am now wondering how to get it working, any help would be appreciated.

p.s.

Sorry for my english, not from UK

Did you put the bulbs in the other way round as well? They only work 1 way.

i have a fiesta edge. i have also got these footwell light sockets. i have looked and all the wiring seems to be their also. however when i put the w5w bulb into the holders tried different ways around they did not work. could it posibly be a fuse not on my car. can anyone tell me which fuse it is. i have the first smaller fuse box behind the glove box. i have looked all through the manual and cant find anything on ambient lighting in their.

thnaks in advance for any help.

Paul

i have a fiesta edge. i have also got these footwell light sockets. i have looked and all the wiring seems to be their also. however when i put the w5w bulb into the holders tried different ways around they did not work. could it posibly be a fuse not on my car. can anyone tell me which fuse it is. i have the first smaller fuse box behind the glove box. i have looked all through the manual and cant find anything on ambient lighting in their.

thnaks in advance for any help.

Paul

If you've got mk6 fiesta, then all you need is just to put the missing fuse that activates the footwell lightning. I've had found a thread about it on this forum, just google it :) Also you should check your manual, there is a section about fuses

Did you put the bulbs in the other way round as well? They only work 1 way.

Just tried both ways, without success :(

I guess they're disabled by in the GEM..

• 1 month later...

same here sanyo, ive got a basic model mk7 fiesta, got the bulb holders and all wired up, but just doesnt work. Really want them to work, how could we go about it?

same here sanyo, ive got a basic model mk7 fiesta, got the bulb holders and all wired up, but just doesnt work. Really want them to work, how could we go about it?

well, one way could be to take the car to the local ford dealership and ask them if they can enable it via Ford IDS. The second way is to wire it to the courtesy light or some other active source, theres a thread about it already on this forum...

The last time i was at dealership, they just told me that its not part of my spec, and that its not enabled.

• 4 weeks later...

looks good that mate i been interested with getting that push clip thing for the pocket as i do use it alot to put i.e. me wallet in when i going out etc and that carbon look! did you you get it off internet??? if so... link ;) haha thanks

Link for the catch for the secret compartment if you still need it

Secret Catch

• 5 months later...

A picture says more than a thousand words :)

IMG_0048.jpg

I recently bought my Fiesta (danish model "Trend" - I think it's pretty much similar to a Zetec).

Sockets are there, just underneath the glovebox and similar in the driver side. Popped a (regular) W5W bulb in, and it worked right away.

Next step is to find some good coloured LED's for this purpose. Any recommendations?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club