Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Compatible Mobiles

AliY

Hi....I'm a newbie, so apologies if I'm doing anything wrong!!!!

My current mobile is broken so I am looking for an upgrade. I've checked the Ford Website to see which phones are compatible with my 59 Fiesta, but all those that are listed are ancient!!

Does anyone have a new mobile (preferably touchscreen) which works with the bluetooth and doesn't drop out?

Cheers

Alison

Most modern phones will work I guess

My Samsung Soul (U900) works...but is abit of a mess at time and can freeze the Voice controls :huh:

Not enough to make me get a new phone or disable the bluetooth though :)

Here's the only answer you need! :)

Ha ha!! Cheers!!

Secretly I was after the Sony Ericsson Vivaz but not sure if it works with the bluetooth system. I could get an iPhone but will have to move over to O2...decisions, decisions.....

If you were to move onto an iPhone i'd suggest waiting for the new release in about Juneish time - if you can wait that long for your bluetooth?

I thought about this, but the future "4G" as it will likely be, will cost even more than the current 3G, as it will introduce HD playback and the like. Not being too fussed, I ordered a new iPhone 3GS the other day, so will look forward to seeing how well it works in my Focus. I anticipate no issues, as the Focus reportedly has a rather decent bluetooth module installed (when compared to the issues some Mondeo and Fiesta owners have reported).

iPhone is on just about every network now, even Tesco Mobile!

Blackberry Storm works OK.

Colin.

edit: typo.

Blackberry Storm works OK.

Colin.

edit: typo.

Blackberry storm doesnt work at all it you cant use buttons to answer calls. You cant dial out using the centre console most of the time and every so often the car will start ringing even thiough there is no incoming call.

I've got a brand new HTC Desire which was released last week and that works brilliantly with the car in my sig. :)

My iPhone does calls fine, but whenever I try and use voice controls to dial names it says the phonebook is empty, where as when I pressed phone and scroll across to phonebook using the buttons they're all listed... Confused...

My iPhone does calls fine, but whenever I try and use voice controls to dial names it says the phonebook is empty, where as when I pressed phone and scroll across to phonebook using the buttons they're all listed... Confused...

The phone directory on the car is separate from your phone's phonebook. To use the "dial name" voice control you first have to us the "Store Name" command to store the name.

I've got a brand new HTC Desire which was released last week and that works brilliantly with the car in my sig. :)

That's good to hear as I'm looking at upgrading to one of them later today, they can keep their overpriced iPhones.

That's good to hear as I'm looking at upgrading to one of them later today, they can keep their overpriced iPhones.

They're brilliant phones... My dad's got an iPhone and I honestly think the desire is a better phone :D

They're brilliant phones... My dad's got an iPhone and I honestly think the desire is a better phone :D

Having ordered an iPhone, I would agree with you.

It's just HTC are a pain for support - been promising updates for the Hero for about 6 months now ... shame, as HTC make excellent phones. Very underrated. (I just needed something that is well supported and widely used - phone modding days are long gone for me!)

I agree that the HTC phones are better than the iPhone - the only things that's stopping me switching is the extensive number of apps available for the iPhone ;)

I agree that the HTC phones are better than the iPhone - the only things that's stopping me switching is the extensive number of apps available for the iPhone ;)

To be honest though, if the ones my mate downloads and insists on showing me are anything to go by, 75% are pretty much "look at what I can do" material and won't be used therefter.

To be honest though, if the ones my mate downloads and insists on showing me are anything to go by, 75% are pretty much "look at what I can do" material and won't be used therefter.

Won't argue with that. But there are more important things than simply the naff applications out there (a few genuinely decent ones too) - for me, it's the reliability and regular software updates, but most of all, the best touch-screen sensitivity and a very good browser that I am familiar with.

If only mobile phone firms were able to promote the HTC lines a bit more, they might end up with the support, peripherals and sensible pricing that they deserve.

Blackberry storm doesnt work at all it you cant use buttons to answer calls. You cant dial out using the centre console most of the time and every so often the car will start ringing even thiough there is no incoming call.

You can't be doing it right.

You must have bluetooth fitted for a start.

If you use the voice activation you can call a number, call from your phone directory, put in favourite people, open and close the call and take 2 calls at the same time.

You don't need to touch the phone at all.

Colin.

my htc hero works great never have any issues.

You can't be doing it right.

You must have bluetooth fitted for a start.

If you use the voice activation you can call a number, call from your phone directory, put in favourite people, open and close the call and take 2 calls at the same time.

You don't need to touch the phone at all.

Colin.

No ther storm doesnt work at all you cant dial out using the phone. Most of the time you cant dial out using the centre console and when it does dial out the car ends the phone call at random. When you do get an incoming call the cars controls freeze so you cant take the call. Other times the car insists i have an incoming call when there isnt one the car rings and the only way to stop it ringing is to turn off the engine. The storm doesnt work for the fiestas bluetooth at some point you will exp the same problems. My storm worked fine for a mounth then all of a sudden. Ive connected other phones up and there is no problems with them.

I thought about this, but the future "4G" as it will likely be, will cost even more than the current 3G, as it will introduce HD playback and the like. Not being too fussed, I ordered a new iPhone 3GS the other day, so will look forward to seeing how well it works in my Focus. I anticipate no issues, as the Focus reportedly has a rather decent Bluetooth module installed (when compared to the issues some Mondeo and Fiesta owners have reported).

My dads new shape titanium x mondeo works fine with the iPhone so i'd imagine your focus will be just as seamless! :)

BTW if you change your mind you get 30 days or so to upgrade to the new phone if it comes out ;)

No ther storm doesnt work at all you cant dial out using the phone. Most of the time you cant dial out using the centre console and when it does dial out the car ends the phone call at random. When you do get an incoming call the cars controls freeze so you cant take the call. Other times the car insists i have an incoming call when there isnt one the car rings and the only way to stop it ringing is to turn off the engine. The storm doesnt work for the fiestas bluetooth at some point you will exp the same problems. My storm worked fine for a mounth then all of a sudden. Ive connected other phones up and there is no problems with them.

I have been running my Storm's since last year so if it was going to go wrong it would have done it by now.

The phone module in the Fiesta is Nokia and is located behind the glove box on the firewall, there are only a few phones that will work with it (you can download a list from the Ford website that will tell you the one's that will work). I run a Storm 9530 and 9500 and I have no connection or using problems with either.

Check your phone it could be the way it is set up.

Colin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi here someone from the Netherlands. We've got an Fiesta Titanium with built in bluetooth also and are planning to buy a HTC Desire. Could you tell which functions do work fine in the Fiesta?

- Guess calling and being called works

- Does transferring of the phonebook work?

- And if so, are only numbers being transferred or are also the names being transferred?

- Does voice control work with "Store name" and "Dial name"?

Hope to hear soon, so we can buy this great phone!