33 replies to this topic

#16 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

They're brilliant phones... My dad's got an iPhone and I honestly think the desire is a better phone :D

Having ordered an iPhone, I would agree with you.

It's just HTC are a pain for support - been promising updates for the Hero for about 6 months now ... shame, as HTC make excellent phones. Very underrated. (I just needed something that is well supported and widely used - phone modding days are long gone for me!)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Maffoo

Maffoo

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk.7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:58 AM

I agree that the HTC phones are better than the iPhone - the only things that's stopping me switching is the extensive number of apps available for the iPhone ;)

#18 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

I agree that the HTC phones are better than the iPhone - the only things that's stopping me switching is the extensive number of apps available for the iPhone ;)

To be honest though, if the ones my mate downloads and insists on showing me are anything to go by, 75% are pretty much "look at what I can do" material and won't be used therefter.

#19 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:01 PM

To be honest though, if the ones my mate downloads and insists on showing me are anything to go by, 75% are pretty much "look at what I can do" material and won't be used therefter.

Won't argue with that. But there are more important things than simply the naff applications out there (a few genuinely decent ones too) - for me, it's the reliability and regular software updates, but most of all, the best touch-screen sensitivity and a very good browser that I am familiar with.

If only mobile phone firms were able to promote the HTC lines a bit more, they might end up with the support, peripherals and sensible pricing that they deserve.

#20 Connected2009

Connected2009

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI 1.6 Zetec S
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

Blackberry storm doesnt work at all it you cant use buttons to answer calls. You cant dial out using the centre console most of the time and every so often the car will start ringing even thiough there is no incoming call.

You can't be doing it right.
You must have bluetooth fitted for a start.
If you use the voice activation you can call a number, call from your phone directory, put in favourite people, open and close the call and take 2 calls at the same time.
You don't need to touch the phone at all.

Colin.

#21 Hilly23

Hilly23

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: fiesta st-1 2013
  • Year: 2013

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

my htc hero works great never have any issues.

#22 evilfish5000

evilfish5000

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Ford Model: 58 plate zetec s

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

You can't be doing it right.
You must have bluetooth fitted for a start.
If you use the voice activation you can call a number, call from your phone directory, put in favourite people, open and close the call and take 2 calls at the same time.
You don't need to touch the phone at all.

Colin.

No ther storm doesnt work at all you cant dial out using the phone. Most of the time you cant dial out using the centre console and when it does dial out the car ends the phone call at random. When you do get an incoming call the cars controls freeze so you cant take the call. Other times the car insists i have an incoming call when there isnt one the car rings and the only way to stop it ringing is to turn off the engine. The storm doesnt work for the fiestas bluetooth at some point you will exp the same problems. My storm worked fine for a mounth then all of a sudden. Ive connected other phones up and there is no problems with them.

#23 pkr

pkr

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: 59' Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

I thought about this, but the future "4G" as it will likely be, will cost even more than the current 3G, as it will introduce HD playback and the like. Not being too fussed, I ordered a new iPhone 3GS the other day, so will look forward to seeing how well it works in my Focus. I anticipate no issues, as the Focus reportedly has a rather decent Bluetooth module installed (when compared to the issues some Mondeo and Fiesta owners have reported).

My dads new shape titanium x mondeo works fine with the iphone so i'd imagine your focus will be just as seamless! :)

BTW if you change your mind you get 30 days or so to upgrade to the new phone if it comes out ;)

#24 Connected2009

Connected2009

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI 1.6 Zetec S
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

No ther storm doesnt work at all you cant dial out using the phone. Most of the time you cant dial out using the centre console and when it does dial out the car ends the phone call at random. When you do get an incoming call the cars controls freeze so you cant take the call. Other times the car insists i have an incoming call when there isnt one the car rings and the only way to stop it ringing is to turn off the engine. The storm doesnt work for the fiestas bluetooth at some point you will exp the same problems. My storm worked fine for a mounth then all of a sudden. Ive connected other phones up and there is no problems with them.

I have been running my Storm's since last year so if it was going to go wrong it would have done it by now.
The phone module in the Fiesta is Nokia and is located behind the glove box on the firewall, there are only a few phones that will work with it (you can download a list from the Ford website that will tell you the one's that will work). I run a Storm 9530 and 9500 and I have no connection or using problems with either.
Check your phone it could be the way it is set up.

Colin.

#25 Harold

Harold

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.25 2009

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:54 AM

I've got a brand new HTC Desire which was released last week and that works brilliantly with the car in my sig. :)

Hi here someone from the Netherlands. We've got an Fiesta Titanium with built in bluetooth also and are planning to buy a HTC Desire. Could you tell which functions do work fine in the Fiesta?

- Guess calling and being called works
- Does transferring of the phonebook work?
- And if so, are only numbers being transferred or are also the names being transferred?
- Does voice control work with "Store name" and "Dial name"?

Hope to hear soon, so we can buy this great phone!

#26 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Anyone with experience of Blackberry 9700 with the B/T?

Its not the easiest thing to pair up at the best of times, but managed it with my old headset - just hoping I don't have the same issue with the car as its a lot of money to waste if it doesn't work :unsure:

#27 Nico.

Nico.

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

my S.E. Satio works spot on... i use to have a samsung before that and i had a few pains with it only coming up with numbers when i clicked phonebook... but this works fine, think S.E's are good on the bluetooth side :)

#28 sussex

sussex

• PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Ford Model: Was - 1.4 Zetec / Now - 1.6 ZS

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

http://www.ford-mobi...nnectivity.com/ Should help

I have a 3 year old Samsung u600 and it works perfectly. On my new Mk7 though it works fine but the phone goes to the music player when it connects the car's bluetooth

#29 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

The wife's SE Vivaz works perfectly.

#30 Vix

Vix

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Older Blackberry's are listed so I'm hoping thats a good sign for my 9700! Will have to wait and see.. getting impatient now!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users