Do Not Sell My Personal Information

S-Max Rear Door Design Fault

Nathan

I have been really happy with my Ford S-Max. However recently I noticed a dent on the rear door, right on the crease of the door about 4 cm in from the forward edge. At first I thought that someone had slammed their door into it in a car park, just one of those things that happens and needs fixing.

post-1531-1218052842_thumb.png

However I was passing another Ford S-Max on the motorway and noticed it had exactly the same dent on it. It was then that I looked again at the dent on my car and realised the door had been opened too far and hit the rear of the front door. I can't recall any incident involving enough force which might have caused it, but I am sure that is where the dent has come from.

Since then I have seen two other Ford S-Maxs with the same dent on the door, one of them is on sale at a Ford dealer (Polar Ford Glasshoughton)!

Four separate cars with a dent in the same place adds up to a design fault on the Ford S-Max, the door hinges need to be strengthened to stop it happening. However my local Ford dealer says that it is for me to deal with my insurer and Ford customer service will not acknowledge it as a fault which they need to fix.

Has anyone else had this problem or spotted an Ford S-Max with it? If enough people have maybe Ford will do something about it. Until they do do something I would not recommend anyone to buy an Ford S-Max!

Hi and welcome to the site.

Seems like it must be a common problem. Not a good advertising point for ford really is it?

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club