Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Passenger Door - Won't Open!

adrian29

I Have only recently joined the ford forum having changed from a vectra to a focus estate, didnt expect to have to post a problem so soon!

Here goes, basically front passenger door was unlocking / locking ok, now the 'lock' rocker switch in the car does not go fully one way or the other,can not open the door at all from the inside or even from the outside with the key!

I am taking to an auto locksmith saturday, 1st of all to reprogramme my remote key (which wasnt working when i bought the car)

will see if this manages to unlock the door 1st, if not i dont know what sort of expense i may be in for?

Has this problem happened to anyone else? would be intested to hear from anyone with any suggestions.

thanks

Adrian

I Have only recently joined the ford forum having changed from a vectra to a focus estate, didnt expect to have to post a problem so soon!

Here goes, basically front passenger door was unlocking / locking ok, now the 'lock' rocker switch in the car does not go fully one way or the other,can not open the door at all from the inside or even from the outside with the key!

I am taking to an auto locksmith saturday, 1st of all to reprogramme my remote key (which wasnt working when i bought the car)

will see if this manages to unlock the door 1st, if not i dont know what sort of expense i may be in for?

Has this problem happened to anyone else? would be intested to hear from anyone with any suggestions.

thanks

Adrian

first do you know you can programme the key youreself take a look http://www.lifestylefordparts.co.uk/article/show/17 secondly if it still doesnt work take it to ford for a tenner they can replace a little black bit inside it or wedge a bit of paper between the battery and inner case and close it so the battery is pushed down try thr remote first

hey, that worked! (i mean the remote key now works!) i still have my original problem with the passenger door, ive tried pushing gently on the lock button from iinside the car whilst oprerating the remote fob as well, still no joy, i think a case of keyhole surgery throught the door panel and a squirt of wd40!

hey, that worked! (i mean the remote key now works!) i still have my original problem with the passenger door, ive tried pushing gently on the lock button from iinside the car whilst oprerating the remote fob as well, still no joy, i think a case of keyhole surgery throught the door panel and a squirt of wd40!

see saved you some cash locksmith would take 40 quid of fyou for that ill take ten lol biggrin.gif

as for the door sounds like summats come off at the back of the door card try locking the car from the inside with the drivers button then unlocking and locking with the drivers button and unlocking with the remote also try double locking the doors ie press the lock button twice within 2 seconds then unlock with the key in the drivers door usually one of these will work

Just to let you know tried some wd40 via the straw around the internal door lock (did go through panel so must av got some behind aswell) also the door lock outside then with window down and trying key in door whilst pushing the lock, it freed itself!

Going back to before this happened and also same now when i try locking all doors via remote or drivers door they wont lock unless i manually push the door lock on the passenger door 1st (i guess this does move remotely or via the drivers side as it is still needs losening up somewher in the mechanism.

works fine now via key in passenger door, at least i can get the door open now lol!

adrian

• 3 weeks later...

i have the exact same problem with my xreg focus.

pasenger door only locks / unlocks with key in pasenger door. but all other locks will work with the key fob,

any ideas what is wrong???

bob.

I have a similar problem with all my doors in the freezing weather.

The doors wont catch shut at all and I have to open/close the door repeatedly for about a minute until the catch finally works. Even then, its not shut proper, as the computer thinks the door is still open when I turn on the ignition. It happened about 4 times last winter, and the computer finally thinks the door is shut after about a half hour's drive.

I sprayed a load of WD40 followed by white grease down the catches. We've not had any cold weather since (and probably wont for a good few months now) so dont know if its fixed it or not.

• 12 years later...

my door wont open at all. lock lever in door is stuck cant open even when forcing lock lever over manually

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club