#1 bigbossowen

bigbossowen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo tdci 130

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

hi new to the web site so hi to you all
i have just tried fitting the ford/sony CD132-CD6 to replace the ford 6000cd head unit in to my 04 mondeo lx 130 tdci and it is a diffrent fit as it has a sloped face to it and the standed one is flat and i have also noticed that you can only buy one type of Facia Adaptor did ford make two types of dash dose this mean i am stuck with the 6000cd??
can some one help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 rhino

rhino

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo TDCI 130 bhb GhiaX 2005

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:58 PM

hi new to the web site so hi to you all
i have just tried fitting the ford/sony CD132-CD6 to replace the ford 6000cd head unit in to my 04 mondeo lx 130 tdci and it is a diffrent fit as it has a sloped face to it and the standed one is flat and i have also noticed that you can only buy one type of Facia Adaptor did ford make two types of dash dose this mean i am stuck with the 6000cd??
can some one help

I think your best bet is to get a centre console from a Ghia or GhiaX from a scrappie. Make sure it is a Non facelift model because the consoles are different and the switches won't fit! I am assuming you have the mat black surround fixed to the Sony, not just the head unit.

There are loads of posts on http://www.fordmondeo.org/ regarding consoles and head units, you may find that helpful. :)

#3 chris2911

chris2911

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci zetec estate

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

yes the fasia is diffrent you have to buy centre dash section its very easy to fit

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item4aa038fe42

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users