• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stejan1965

stejan1965

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 ghia
Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

My 2004 Focus has just developed a creaking type noise at relatively low speed (presumably you simply can't hear it at higher speeds).
I took it into KwikFit who acknowledge that there is a noise but can't see anything wrong. So I assume it is safe in that the springs, shockers etc are OK.
But obviously I want it sorted.
any idea where I should start looking for the problem?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

My 2004 Focus has just developed a creaking type noise at relatively low speed (presumably you simply can't hear it at higher speeds).
I took it into KwikFit who acknowledge that there is a noise but can't see anything wrong. So I assume it is safe in that the springs, shockers etc are OK.
But obviously I want it sorted.
any idea where I should start looking for the problem?
Thanks in advance
Steve

from experience it can be a sign the springs getting ready to go the only wqay to know is wait till it snaps take it to ford not kwik fit they couldnt find a brothel in amsterdam and dont have a clue half the time it could be a bush drop link etc get some spray white grese from a car store and grease up the bushes on the car and see if it dissapears sometimes they get a bit like any mans wife after 30 years a bit dry and needing some lube lolPosted Image

#3 stejan1965

stejan1965

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 ghia
Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

from experience it can be a sign the springs getting ready to go the only wqay to know is wait till it snaps take it to ford not kwik fit they couldnt find a brothel in amsterdam and dont have a clue half the time it could be a bush drop link etc get some spray white grese from a car store and grease up the bushes on the car and see if it dissapears sometimes they get a bit like any mans wife after 30 years a bit dry and needing some lube lolPosted Image

That thought will remain with me for life! Thanks mate :-)
Actually Kwikfit did mention a drop link so I will check that out.
Steve

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

That thought will remain with me for life! Thanks mate :-)
Actually Kwikfit did mention a drop link so I will check that out.
Steve

front drop link is a possibility if the bush has gone it would account for the low speed creaking anyway hard thing to trace on the focus sometimes is suspension noises

#5 Ian of preston

Ian of preston

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus flight 1.6

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:07 AM

front drop link is a possibility if the bush has gone it would account for the low speed creaking anyway hard thing to trace on the focus sometimes is suspension noises

#6 Ian of preston

Ian of preston

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus flight 1.6

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

My focus has done this twice now, it is definately the main coil springs, had one go 4 months ago got it done for 90
The other side has just gone and so another 90 on its way to a mate of mine, do not know how much at dealers but it will be a lot.

#7 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

My focus has done this twice now, it is definately the main coil springs, had one go 4 months ago got it done for 90
The other side has just gone and so another 90 on its way to a mate of mine, do not know how much at dealers but it will be a lot.

not really i had a garage do the spring and tracking for 101 inc vat

#8 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Are drop links the bars with ball joints on each end going from the anti roll bar to the strut if so I've been calling them the wrong thin for a while I've been calling them anti roll bar linkages

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users