Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie To Puma's

green queen

Hi im new to the forum and to puma's.I have just put a deposit down on a ford puma 1.7 in met green,anyone know what this colour is actually called?I am unsure what the spec is at mo but it is 2001 y reg,the bodywork including arches are mint which i know is usually a problem.Any other bits i should be aware of please?i collect car on weds.cambelt & water pump was done at 58,000 and now as 64,000 on clock so when will it be due next?it also had service at 58,500 so when will the plugs,oil and filter need changing?what type are the best?as you will have probably already guessed i am a female!!!!!the car as got a standard silver ford cassette player in but will the wiring already be in place as standard for cd boot changer?it does say cd compatable on.typical woman cant stop talking once i start sorry. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im new to the forum and to puma's.I have just put a deposit down on a ford puma 1.7 in met green,anyone know what this colour is actually called?I am unsure what the spec is at mo but it is 2001 y reg,the bodywork including arches are mint which i know is usually a problem.Any other bits i should be aware of please?i collect car on weds.cambelt & water pump was done at 58,000 and now as 64,000 on clock so when will it be due next?it also had service at 58,500 so when will the plugs,oil and filter need changing?what type are the best?as you will have probably already guessed i am a female!!!!!the car as got a standard silver ford cassette player in but will the wiring already be in place as standard for cd boot changer?it does say cd compatable on.typical woman cant stop talking once i start sorry. :rolleyes:

I think the paint is Pacific Green but I need to check (we bought a 51 plate yesterday in the same colour :) ), so I'll let you know if/when I find out differently, unless someone else beats me to it.

I've read that the cambelt interval was reduced by Ford from an original 10 years or 100k miles to 5 years or 80k miles on the 1.7 (though I'm sure I've seen 6yrs/60k bandied about too).

If it was me, I'd set 100k as your milestone for changing it, together with a complete service. It'd be like resetting your trip meter but on a bigger scale, at least as far as peace of mind's concerned. :D

oil change is 10k, I think (with 5k checks advocated by many if the car does a lot of short journeys).

For a comprehensive list of everything else service related, I'll direct you to this link. B)

We're in the same boat with the stereo too but I'll try to find that out later today, as we'll be weighing up the option of that against replacing the head unit with a newer double-DIN one.

[update] On the CD autochanger front, I believe there's a short lead on the unit itself but that you can get an extension lead (with a boot mounting kit too). Some autochangers may come with a lead (if you're buying used), so worth checking.

I think I'd like to see if I could make up an adaptor for a portable mp3 player instead. I've seen the ones for £50-60 but I can't understand what makes them so expensive for what they are.

[edit] Forgot to mention about the spec - the two main options to look for are the air con (should be self evident) and the Lux pack (with heated screen and so forth).

Easiest way to tell if you have the Lux pack is to see if your side mirrors are electric or manual, as part of the option consisted of electrically adjustable and heated mirrors too.

Hope it helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club