Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Static Shock Every Time I Get Out Of The Car ...

Stanroo

I've got a Fiesta (10 plate) and it doesn't matter what clothes/shoes I'm wearing, every time I get out of the car I get a static shock and its beginning to really annoy me! I look a right div getting out of the car and closing the door with the back of my wrist so I don't feel the shock so much.

Has anybody else had this problem? Is it just me or could it be something to do with the car?

I get it after I've given my car a wax, not sure if that builds up the static. I use it as an excuse to wash my car less often ;)

i get it also and its getting annoying. :(

Hehe I get it every time too. I now close the door with my sleeve and touch the black plastic on the window frames instead of the metal.

snap but usually happens at petrol stations with me n it aint jus a little snap it can b a real crack!! and my gf thinks its halirius!!

Hehe I get it every time too. I now close the door with my sleeve and touch the black plastic on the window frames instead of the metal.

I was thinking that I'd never had a shock, but I don't tend to touch the metal work - always touch the door frame or the handle.

Come to think of it I don't seem to touch the metal on the boot lid either - pull the lid down with the handle on the inside and if it needs a final push, I more often than not push on the number plate.

I've never had a shock off mine :S

If i got a shock whilst at a petrol station i'd be like :ph34r:

i dont get this, but when my girlfriend gets out the car she gets it :S confuses the hell outta me... is there like anyway of stopping it???

Earth yoru self before you get out of the car, i used to touch my hand on the exposed paint/ metal part on the inside of the door before I got out and it stopped it, I used to actually see the shock as a little flash at times

Is your car of helium ballons, cos that would cause some static......

Or are you a wearing nothin else but nylon..

lol

I get it too but has only started in the last week or so (something to do with the nice weather?) Will try that earthing idea to see if it works!

Hi, it is strange as I have had the car since Sept 09, and this Saturday was the first time it had happened to me.

It lasted all day, but OK today!

Spooky

...might be that thong he had on.... :D

That would only explain shocks at the weekend though! :P

But seriously, is there anything we can do, can Ford do anything?

Ive had it on all cars i've driven at some point TBH, its not the cars problem, just try what I was doing, rub your hand on the exposed metal on the door frame before you get out, that will earth you.

my girlfriend gets shocked every time but i dont

my girlfriend blames my car everytime now i must beleave her . i once got out the car and kissed her goodbye and we both got one ..... worrying i know !

I used to get this, now I just put my hand on some metalwork as I get out. No more shocks.

Add me to the list, been getting is since I got the VanCar.

i'm a victim too... (also my wife.)

planning to buy some static remover.

just google it, and you'll find a variety of ky chains with this function..