Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Running Galaxy (2.3 Duratec Petrol 1997)

rob

Hi everyone

Can anyone help as our galaxy is refusing to start.

Drove fine on friday. Went to start it on sunday morning and fired up and ticked over for a matter of seconds and then died.Restarted it and just did the same and now refuses to start.

So far we have checked the following:

Petrol,Oil

number 30 Relay (tested it switch inside was working fine)

Checked all hoses for splits and no splits were found

We have tried to start the car today with the jump leads and heard a rapid beeping noise along with a sucking noise from underneath the car.

We've only owned the car 6months and has 99k miles on the clock and we've only covered around 5k miles since it was baught

Has anyone else had this problem? and can anyone help?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi everyone

Can anyone help as our galaxy is refusing to start.

Drove fine on friday. Went to start it on sunday morning and fired up and ticked over for a matter of seconds and then died.Restarted it and just did the same and now refuses to start.

So far we have checked the following:

Petrol,Oil

number 30 Relay (tested it switch inside was working fine)

Checked all hoses for splits and no splits were found

We have tried to start the car today with the jump leads and heard a rapid beeping noise along with a sucking noise from underneath the car.

We've only owned the car 6months and has 99k miles on the clock and we've only covered around 5k miles since it was baught

Has anyone else had this problem? and can anyone help?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

are you sure the timing belt hasnt snapped if its refusing to start and the coil pack is fine leads plugs and belt then youre looking at injectors and fuel pump which to be honest could cosdt more than what its worth for this one you really need a mobile mechanic to come to you and look at it as it could be any number of things and so you dont go chucking money at parts that wont fix it youre better having it checked out mate

• 1 month later...

you havent taken the keyh aprt by any chance have you, and lost the chip inside

• 4 months later...

im havin problems with my 2.3 galaxy glx,ive had it a week,its run great apart from twice it wouldnt start,i think its something to do with the imobeliser,the 1st time it wouldnt start for about anhour,i kept locking and unlocking the doors,kept turning it over,then had to get some jump leads on the car then it started,its been fine for 3 days then this morning it started for a second or 2,then died,and wouldnt start because the the imobeliser wouldnt turn off,when i turned the key the car turned over but wouldnt start,then i noticed a clicking noise,coming from the left of the fuse box below the steering wheel,i banged the outer caseing of where the clicking noise was comeing from then the car started?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club