Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Fiesta Mk7 Side Skirt Covers?

RSM123

Any technique to taking them off? I gave them a pull earlier and they didnt budge, don't want to break them , will jack the car up on rear beam and have a proper look later if no replies.

Many thanks, Rob

You want to remove your side skirts?

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I'm lowering my car on coilovers in a couple of days,

I'm wanting to remove the covers that are on the sideskirts which allows me to jack the car up on the sills, I'm only doing it this way because I'm changing the rear shocks so won't be able to jack up on rear beam to do this.

Hope that's a little clearer :)

you just pull, but push on the bit that not supposed to move at the same time, just in case

you just pull, but push on the bit that not supposed to move at the same time, just in case

I will try again tomorrow,it felt like something was going to snap lol don't want a broken sideskirt In the process lol thanks for the speedy reply.

I had this issue on the weekend, I took all my wheels off to polish then and remove all the road tar from them (Bug and Tar remover is my new best friends!) and I thought they were going the break. I eventually just pull it off and it didn't snap. You've king gotta pull down and to one side while pressing the other side in (so you want to pull down, but you want one of the sides to pop out at the same time). Worked for me and all four came off easy ;)

Hope this helps.

Slightly off topic, anyone have any idea how much these covers cost, and if they come in packs, or on their own (or even if its 4 different parts, or the same part in 4 places) - I've got a scratch down one of mine due to a rake related 'incident'.

I'll check the cost at my local Ford garage at some point, but just in case anyone knows....

The two back ones are identical, as are the two front ones. No clue on the cost however. Sorry fella.

Including painting and delivery they're about £50 a pop it seems.

Which considering a whole sideskirt is less than £150, seems a little on the steep side. Ah well, think I'll just have to try and sort the scratch out with some touch-up paint.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club