Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Strarter Mondeo

r304om

hi all i have a 1.8 mondeo on a 98 r its developed a starting fault were it will not turn over on the key it primes fuel pump and all other electrical functions work .It hasnt done it in days but yesterday it left me stranded on the forcourt and ended up having to bump it meself (not easy ).any advice or suggestions will be welcomed

many thanks dan

hi all i have a 1.8 mondeo on a 98 r its developed a starting fault were it will not turn over on the key it primes fuel pump and all other electrical functions work .It hasnt done it in days but yesterday it left me stranded on the forcourt and ended up having to bump it meself (not easy ).any advice or suggestions will be welcomed

many thanks dan

ide check for fault codes it could be a coil pack or old and worn spark plugs idle control valve quite a lot of things really faulty pats you need to do the dash trick hold down the trip reset button with it held in put the key in the ignition and start the car test should show up on the display each time now you press the trip button it will cycle through look for dtc and see if it says none or shows codes write them down keep scrolling through and look for cr-h this is the crankcase sensor if its working it will show h if not it will read cr-l which means the crankcase sensor is faulty

if it will not turn over on the key,suspects would be battery,alternator or starter motor.

the battery is running normal load and the fault had only happend twice in 8 months now it happens every time. i have removed starter and tested it all seems ok i was told either coil pack reciever or immobilizer unfortunatly funds are to low to play around to much. thanks

artscot???/ were will it be displayed and does the engine have to be running or will it work with just the ignition on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club