Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Usb Slot In Fiesta?

rdev87

This has probably been covered many times before on here, but I've just registered and a quick google didn't find anything. I bought a brand new (59 plate) Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in October, and it only occurred to me the other day that there's no USB slot? I think this is a bit of a joke seeing as I got one of the more expensive models.

Which models have the USB slot, and is it expensive to get one installed?

Usb is one of the optional extras retro fitting it is possible but from what i gather youd need the stereo unit aswell as the usb cable and pannel. Likely not to be cheap fron ford.

Although people say it's possible, as far as I'm aware, nobody has done it yet but a few have tried and failed.

The Zetec is the middle of the range so you're obviously not going to get some of the toys on the more expensive models unless you spec them in the options. As far as I'm aware, at the time you bought your car, the USB slot was a cost option throughout the range. But, do you really need a USB slot if you hadn't noticed you hadn't got one for over 6 months?

What worries me and if I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, I just can't understand how anyone can spend the kind of money they do on a new car and haven't got a clue what they are getting for their money.

It was only included free on the Zetec/S this year. It's not even standard on the top of the range Titanium

Ages ago back at the end of 2008 bluetooth was offered free on Zetec models only as an offer (this didnt include the USB port)

I dont know when the offer ended. On the Ford website theyre offering free bluetooth AND USB on Zetec and Zetec-S models, but again, I don't know when this offer began.

As has been said I dont think anyone here despite all the talk has actually retro-fitted a USB post to any Mk7 Fiesta.

The titanium now comes with bluteooth and USB as standard.

Haha, I know I should have noticed earlier, but I do miss it now that I've noticed. It's so crap seeing just "aux" on the display when playing music.

Also, USB really wasn't a feature I'd look out for when paying 12-14k for a car, but again now that I've noticed it's not there....

Oh well, thanks for your help.

Haha, I know I should have noticed earlier, but I do miss it now that I've noticed. It's so crap seeing just "aux" on the display when playing music.

Also, USB really wasn't a feature I'd look out for when paying 12-14k for a car, but again now that I've noticed it's not there....

Oh well, thanks for your help.

Just wait till you notice you don't have an electric sunroof. ;)

From release bluetooth has been Free on the Zetec. Ford have never taken it off as free. They did add USB later on. Titanium is standard with bluetooth USB from March 22nd Builds. Even though its classed as free on a zetec its not. Ford still charge around £200 for it and than give the dealer £200 discount for it. So dealers will order Zetecs without bluetooth USB becasue not everyone wants it and they still get the £200 given to them from Ford as if the Zetec had it and the dealer can then pass this saving to the customer. When the Fiesta first came out 58 plate Bluetooth or Bluetooth USB were 2 seperate options. Later Ford deleated Bluetooth by its self and made it Bluetooth USB or Bluetooth USB with MobileNav

No. If you have bluetooth without USB this means it was built without it and your dealer charged you accordingly. Ford wont let dealers charge wrong amount for optional extras on the car. What It does mean is your dealer sold you an old stock car. It happens. We have cars that have been in stock ages costing the company money so they get put on special offer alot cheaper than other cars. Just sometimes they maybe older models too i.e there has been a spec change and they will be missing these bits. If people are not bothered about these bits then its good for them becuase it means the cars base price (the price the dealer pays for the car) is cheaper than a newer one because of when it was built.