Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Slides Back (3Dr Mk7)

ashrobinson

Im the new proud owner of a mk7 zetec-s, in Red. Stunning looking car and loving the pics and threads here!!

I have the 3dr variant and have noticed when putting stuff on the back seats, after pulling the seat handle and tilting the front seats the front seats slide backwards, I normally have to hold them in place in order for say passengers to get in the back.

Is this just me?

Thanks,

Ash

Yeah, the seat goes forward when you tip it up, but doesn't go back to the same point, you have to 'reset it'!

Yea figured that out, but when my seats are fully forward, if i left go they start to slide back on their own! :S

not noticed that, will have to try it.

on the flip side, my cousin has a lowly C2, and they return to place of origin!

Its not a dealbreaker for me, but surely cant have been designed like this,

When people get into the back the seats start sliding, mild panic!

:D

Yeah, the seats don't stay all of the way forward, but it doesn't really bother me that much!

Are you sure that the drivers seat at least doesn't remember the last position it was in? I'm sure mine does.

i have mine most of the way back so im pretty sure it does remember.

Question answered then! i'll just deal with it!! :D

The key is to slide the seat when its still folded forward and to only flip it back when it's either in the position you want it (passenger side) or the memory location (driver's side).

It can actually be a useful feature for the passenger seat not to remember it's previous position.

I tend to have the passenger seat all the way back when no-one is in it, but then it has to be pulled forward when someone gets in the back.

On my Mk4 you had to either do this before you slid it, or crush the person in the back and then pull the seat forward to give them some room.

On my Mk7 you can do both in one movement and you don't crush the person in the back :) .

I think people are slightly missing my point,

you have to hold the seat forward, or it will slide back on the person trying to get in.

tilt the seat and pull it right forward, then let go, does yours slide? try even just a little bit then all the way.

Sometimes if its all the way it just about stays but its 50/50

I think people are slightly missing my point,

you have to hold the seat forward, or it will slide back on the person trying to get in.

tilt the seat and pull it right forward, then let go, does yours slide? try even just a little bit then all the way.

Sometimes if its all the way it just about stays but its 50/50

Tried it on my car yesterday and as long as the seat is fully folded and pushed fully forwards, it stays there.

Yup my seats stay forward and don't roll back per sa, I remember hopping in a 3-Door car while intoxicated once and the front seats had to be held so they didn't slide back and chop your head off! I too have noticed the passenger seat doesn't retain its original position, yet the drivers side does. Meh, as said above this can be an advantage as well.

Yup my seats stay forward and don't roll back per sa, I remember hopping in a 3-Door car while intoxicated once and the front seats had to be held so they didn't slide back and chop your head off! I too have noticed the passenger seat doesn't retain its original position, yet the drivers side does. Meh, as said above this can be an advantage as well.

My drive at home is really steep and with my old 3dr if someone got into the back, as soon as they let go of the seat (usually with their head still down because of the roof) it would slide back at about 100m/s and smack them on the head... needless to say I never warned anyone about it! :D

think there is a fault with mine, fully forward driver side stays ok, but passenger side doesnt stay, ill be phoning dealer tomorrow! :D

My drive at home is really steep and with my old 3dr if someone got into the back, as soon as they let go of the seat (usually with their head still down because of the roof) it would slide back at about 100m/s and smack them on the head... needless to say I never warned anyone about it! :D

HAHA! Nice one.

Has anyone noticed the front seats getting somewhat 'loose' per sa? The upper seat back seems to be getting quite loose from all the moving to get people in the back seats. I dunno, they seem to wobble a bit?

• 4 years later...

Hi Ash

Did you ever find out from the dealer what was causing this? My passenger seat does EXACTLY what you have described and, after a friend of mine fell unceremoniously into the back of my Fiesta recently, have vowed to fix the problem!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club