Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater blower direction

penyffordd13

Hi all i hope someone can help.

I have a MK2 1998 LX Verona, and when i turn the blowers on the air is continuously direct to the windscreen vents. Doesnt matter which dial setting on for the direction, if i put it to blow on the floor it still blows on the windscreen. The car has aircon and it would be nice if i could get it to blow from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

Jason

Hi all i hope someone can help.

I have a MK2 1998 LX Verona, and when i turn the blowers on the air is continuously direct to the windscreen vents. Doesnt matter which dial setting on for the direction, if i put it to blow on the floor it still blows on the windscreen. The car has aircon and it would be nice if i could get it to blow from somewhere else.

Thanks in advance

Jason

sounds like the heater/blower control panel is knackered,i had sort of the same problem on my old mondeo,but mine would only blow to the floor,don't matter what i put the settings on,cannot say for sure thats whats wrong with yours. TheStig

sounds like the heater/blower control panel is knackered,i had sort of the same problem on my old mondeo,but mine would only blow to the floor,don't matter what i put the settings on,cannot say for sure thats whats wrong with yours. TheStig

And whats the damage for a new one of those and is it easy to fit?

And whats the damage for a new one of those and is it easy to fit?

£10-£15 on the internet for a good used one,loads of money for a new one from ford :rolleyes:

ive still got my old mondeo,but not sure if the blower control is the same as yours? i think it is :)

I have read on another mondeo group that it could be a blocked vaccuum pipe or something.....any ideas?

I have read on another mondeo group that it could be a blocked vaccuum pipe or something.....any ideas?

not sure really??does the fan speed and cold/hot knobs work?

not sure really??does the fan speed and cold/hot knobs work?

Yeah just the direction of the air flow doesnt work

Yeah just the direction of the air flow doesnt work

90% sure its the blower control,£5 on eay cannot go wrong,worth a try?

Yeah its worth it but i am going to do a little more digging first. But thanks for your help anyway!!!!

Yeah its worth it but i am going to do a little more digging first. But thanks for your help anyway!!!!

no problem mate anytime :)

check that the main vacume pipe is not pushed on to far at the bulkhead as this has the same effect as the pipe being blocked also check the pollen filter as restricted airflow will cause the system not to alter direction

check that the main vacume pipe is not pushed on to far at the bulkhead as this has the same effect as the pipe being blocked also check the pollen filter as restricted airflow will cause the system not to alter direction

Excuse my ignorence but can you tell me esactly where those items are please?

vacume pipe is black and on the back of the toggle switch

Where is the pollen filter?

centre - passenger side under plastic cover at the base of the windscreen

Time to change - approx. 10 minutes

How Easy to change - moderate

Tools Needed?

torx key or torx screwbit

Fitting Stage 1:-

The filter is under the plastic cover at the base of the windscreen on the passengers side. Remove screw caps from the that are accessible with the bonnet down. Then remove the screws underneath.

Fitting Stage 2:-

Open bonnet and remove the screws along the bottom edge of the cover. Peel away rubber strip along the front edge of the cover. Gently lift off the plastic cover, taking care not to break it.

Fitting Stage 3:-

The old filter should now be clearly visible in its holder. The plastic filter holder is retained by a spring clip at the base of each end. Unclip these then lift out the filter and holder.

vacume pipe is black and on the back of the toggle switch

Where is the pollen filter?

centre - passenger side under plastic cover at the base of the windscreen

Time to change - approx. 10 minutes

How Easy to change - moderate

Tools Needed?

torx key or torx screwbit

Fitting Stage 1:-

The filter is under the plastic cover at the base of the windscreen on the passengers side. Remove screw caps from the that are accessible with the bonnet down. Then remove the screws underneath.

Fitting Stage 2:-

Open bonnet and remove the screws along the bottom edge of the cover. Peel away rubber strip along the front edge of the cover. Gently lift off the plastic cover, taking care not to break it.

Fitting Stage 3:-

The old filter should now be clearly visible in its holder. The plastic filter holder is retained by a spring clip at the base of each end. Unclip these then lift out the filter and holder.

I removed the pollen filter and it was full of crap. I will get a new one on Monday. Just as a test tho...i went into the car while the pollen filter was removed and checked to see if the blowers would change direction with no obstruction where the pollen filter was........but still no change....just blowing onto the screen. I have the HAynes workshop manual arriving this week then i will look how to remove the centre console around the switches to check those. If everything is ok is it worth buying a second hand switch from eBay or alike?

• 2 weeks later...