• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 turboace

turboace

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo
Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Does anyone know which fuse is for the cigarette lighter in the centre console on a Mondeo 05 plate, please?

I want to use it for TomTom but its stopped working. I suspect the socket but the dealer (closed at the moment) suggested checking the fuse. I've pulled all the 20 and 25amp fuses, that leaves a 30amp but I don't want to pull it as it may be the engine management system. The hand book isn't helpful - it shows symbols which 'may be used' - there are no symbols on the fuse box!! There is another lighter socket in the boot which still works - would they share the same fuse?

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 August 2008 - 04:21 PM

the fuse you need to check is behind the glove box F68-15amp to gain entry press both sides of the glovebox when open and it should drop down to reviel the internal fusebox if this is ok check that the lighter socket is not full of dirt at the small center contact(fuse removed for safety)

#3 tinhat

tinhat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ghia X TDCi 2.0 litre
Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:16 PM

Does anyone know which fuse is for the cigarette lighter in the centre console on a Mondeo 05 plate, please?

I want to use it for TomTom but its stopped working. I suspect the socket but the dealer (closed at the moment) suggested checking the fuse. I've pulled all the 20 and 25amp fuses, that leaves a 30amp but I don't want to pull it as it may be the engine management system. The hand book isn't helpful - it shows symbols which 'may be used' - there are no symbols on the fuse box!! There is another lighter socket in the boot which still works - would they share the same fuse?

Thanks

#4 tinhat

tinhat

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Ghia X TDCi 2.0 litre
Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

Had the same problem ( Mondeo TDCi Gia X)
Silly place to put a fuse box, also no spare slots for fuses.
My 'blow was caused by unplugging a 12v to USB adaptor that was powering
an IPaq Navigator phone.
Anyway now carry a few spares.

#5 skabillysean

skabillysean

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo ghia

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

the fuse you need to check is behind the glove box F68-15amp to gain entry press both sides of the glovebox when open and it should drop down to reviel the internal fusebox if this is ok check that the lighter socket is not full of dirt at the small center contact(fuse removed for safety)

is this the same for a 07 mondeo ghia as im having the same problem?
thanks

#6 Aquanaut

Aquanaut

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Mondeo Ghia Estate

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

i checked my fuse and the old one wasnt blown. i've bought a universal lighter unit and it still doesnt work. i have a mk 3 mondeo ghia estate. any other suggestions?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users