Show
Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

The Ambient Lighting Installation Guide!!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 Lighting

Lighting

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 Zetec S TDCI

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

Thanks mate, guide well appreciated!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 carlo

carlo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.4 Tdci Style Plus

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yea, I don't see why not, just make sure you secure the LEDs with more than the sticky stuff on the back as i cant imagine that holding for long if the seats are moved all the time. Oh and get some insulation tape round the connectors!!!

Hi, there,s alot easier way calmcdermott like I explained to you the other day!!you don't have to make your connections at the courtesy light! make them at the back of the glovebox were the wires come down the N/S 'A' post.It would of saved you alot of time and trouble! this is what we do when someone comes to us asking for this MOD. Also make sure your wires are large enough to take the wattage and voltage for the particular light's, even though LED's are low voltage & wattage!!Also why thread the wire around the centre console? stuffing it up the gaps in the plastic! just run the cable behind the centre console and heater unit,makes sense, and alot more professional.YOU SHOULD OF ASKED FOR A FITTING GUIDE AND I WOULD OF SUPPLIED.

#18 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

Area Rep: Northeast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Name: Callum
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta ST500
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hi, there,s alot easier way calmcdermott like I explained to you the other day!!you don't have to make your connections at the courtesy light! make them at the back of the glovebox were the wires come down the N/S 'A' post.It would of saved you alot of time and trouble! this is what we do when someone comes to us asking for this MOD. Also make sure your wires are large enough to take the wattage and voltage for the particular light's, even though LED's are low voltage & wattage!!Also why thread the wire around the centre console? stuffing it up the gaps in the plastic! just run the cable behind the centre console and heater unit,makes sense, and alot more professional.YOU SHOULD OF ASKED FOR A FITTING GUIDE AND I WOULD OF SUPPLIED.

Oh wow, sorry seem to have struck a nerve there!!!! Well to be honest there are no other guides anywhere and how did I know to ask. Well after all this is only a guide, you dont have to follow this exactly. Asked the guy at Maplins if the wiring would be sufficient and he said because it is such a small current it will be fine. Anyway I am not here to argue or be intimidated, as usual only trying to help!

#19 carlo

carlo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

Oh wow, sorry seem to have struck a nerve there!!!! Well to be honest there are no other guides anywhere and how did I know to ask. Well after all this is only a guide, you dont have to follow this exactly. Asked the guy at Maplins if the wiring would be sufficient and he said because it is such a small current it will be fine. Anyway I am not here to argue or be intimidated, as usual only trying to help!

No you havn't struck a nerve and i'm not trying to intimidate or argue!Just thought that these forums were there to help other owner's etc,that was what I was trying to do when I replied to your request for help, But hay ho! never mined.

#20 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:12 PM

Yea, I don't see why not, just make sure you secure the LEDs with more than the sticky stuff on the back as i cant imagine that holding for long if the seats are moved all the time. Oh and get some insulation tape round the connectors!!!

cheers mate :) it's one i been looking at for some time but wanted too wait to get the wires right

and they run of the same timing as centre light thing dont they so for someone stepping out of a stock fitted one into yours wouldn't really notice how you wired them except the length of the led's above glove box

#21 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

No you havn't struck a nerve and i'm not trying to intimidate or argue!Just thought that these forums were there to help other owner's etc,that was what I was trying to do when I replied to your request for help, But hay ho! never mined.

Thats ok then lol, clean slate? Just thought you were having a go as the writing style did seem rather aggressive but as you say hay ho at least were on the same page now. Well at least we now know there are two ways of doing it but that was the way I knew, still works as good and im proud how I managed to install it :D

#22 carlo

carlo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thats ok then lol, clean slate? Just thought you were having a go as the writing style did seem rather aggressive but as you say hay ho at least were on the same page now. Well at least we now know there are two ways of doing it but that was the way I knew, still works as good and im proud how I managed to install it :D

#23 carlo

carlo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Yes WELL DONE !!

#24 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Yes WELL DONE !!

I don't no what you are doing but please put quote and reply in same post (Like this one)
Simply hit "Reply" and state your post :)
Thanks

#25 simoncastle89

simoncastle89

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Cheers man will have to do that soon! Was just thinking tho for the lighting above the glove box i might try and wire it in some where it can be on all the while, also want to get a little led light in that little pocket near the gear stick, what do you guys think?

#26 beatty36

beatty36

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6TDCi

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

Looks mint! Dont think i would be confident enough to try it myself tho :(. but who knows, it really does look well :) Also did you just get the one 60cm strip? or three?

Thanks for the guide.

#27 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Looks mint! Dont think i would be confident enough to try it myself tho :(. but who knows, it really does look well :) Also did you just get the one 60cm strip? or three?

Thanks for the guide.

Thanks, i'm sure you would be able to do it and i bought 3 and cut them in half to fit.

#28 Nico.

Nico.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

i got my led's on order now for creating myself some rear footwell lights, cant wait see how it comes out with car bathed in red :) haha

#29 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

i got my led's on order now for creating myself some rear footwell lights, cant wait see how it comes out with car bathed in red :) haha

Sounds good to me, need to see plenty a pics!

#30 Nico.

Nico.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

Sounds good to me, need to see plenty a pics!

think it will work better with mine than most people's on here with it being a 5 door!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users