Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth After Buy Fitting

simps100

Hi all,

Im currently looking for a new Fiesta Zetec, MK7, ive found one which to the spec i want apart from the bluetooth, Voice Control and the inbuilt USB socket, im wondering if anyone here has any idea how much fords would charge once ive bought it to have this fitted and what the process is (Im guessing the microphone / additional buttons on dash fitted and USB socket fitted and reprogramming).

I know i can buy products on the market to do this but i would much rather it fitted by fords and being all official.

Thanks very much

Marc

Most ford garages will charge you the earth to fit it. People have tried on here before and as of yet no one has successfully got it working. In short you need a whole new head unit which isnt cheap around the £500 mark with the bluetooth module inside you cant fit extra buttons to an already fitted unit then you would have to add labor which will cost a bomb.

My advice would be to find a car with all this installed already there are plenty about it will be much cheaper then attempting a retrofit.

Thanks for the quick reply! I did expect they would charge an awful lot and am still looking around for one with it allready!

The cars quite a good deal so it wouldnt be so bad i guess, im just making sure fords would defiantly fit it for me?

you cant fit extra buttons to an already fitted unit

If i was to go to Fords would they be able to do this for me?

Thanks for the quick reply! I did expect they would charge an awful lot and am still looking around for one with it allready!

The cars quite a good deal so it wouldnt be so bad i guess, im just making sure fords would defiantly fit it for me?

If i was to go to Fords would they be able to do this for me?

Its largely depends on the dealer. Some dealers will say you cant retrofit as it has to be done on the production line where as others say they can do it but will charge you the earth. I asked on behalf of someone who didnt have bluetooth fitted at the hendy ford dealer in cosham and they said it would be about £500 just for the stereo they couldnt quote for labor costs as they didnt know how long they would be.

Nobody on here has had one retro fitted by themselves or by Ford. If you want bluetooth, buy a car with it, as I doubt you will get a dealer to retrofit it and it will more than likely cost you more in the long run if theycould/would. There are loads out there with bluetooth already fittd, just be prepared to travel and you should be able to pick up a decent priced one with bluetooth.

Took your advice and found one with it all already!

Quick questions regarding this system, firstly i have an iPhone and use it for both phone / ipod will this work without any problems connecting it to bluetooth and pluging it in the usb?

Secondly, the CD player, on my old one it was abit dodgy with CD-R's and wouldn't play MP3 CD's atall, does the cd player now play MP3 CD's and CD - R's ok?

Thanks

Marc

When playing over bluetooth how much control do you have over whats playing via the radio controls?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club