Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spark Plugs

Chopped

hi there,,,can anyone help me by telling me what spark plugs a 53 plate ford ka needs :blink:

many thanks,,,,,,,

hi there,,,can anyone help me by telling me what spark plugs a 53 plate ford ka needs :blink:

many thanks,,,,,,,

i would recommend that you only use genuine ford, these are not too expensive either. a set will cost you about £10

There is also a guy on the forum who supplies genuine ford parts slightly discounted.

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT ENGINE & THE CC YOU HAVE M8 I.E 1.2 1.3 ETC

I WOULD GOTO Halfords N GET THEIR MANUAL FOR THE PLUGS & MAKE A NOTE OF THE NUMBER OF THE PLUG.

ALSO WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO PRICE UP FORDS ONES THAT WAY YOU CAN GET A PRICE COMPARISON.

I THINK I PAID ABOUT £30 A SET FROM MEMORY BUT THEY WERE TITANIUM ONES I SEEM TO RECALL.

ahh ok many thanks,,,where i live there are no ford dealers have to go to the mainland so i was going the eBay route

i suppose i should just take one out and see the numbers on the actull plug its self

its a 1.3 engine

thanks again :)

ahh ok many thanks,,,where i live there are no ford dealers have to go to the mainland so i was going the ebay route

i suppose i should just take one out and see the numbers on the actull plug its self

its a 1.3 engine

thanks again smile.gif

go for genuine ford ones i know the titanium are more expensive but thety are not whats recommended and usually with fords thats for a good reason ford almost always use ngk iridium or platinum the info i got was ford ka 1.3 KA 1.3DURATEC ROCAM A9A, A9B / 25mm Reach Plugs11/02 –> TR5B-134559

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3a4cf5070f

ahh ok many thanks for the reply,,

i had a 00 plate 1.3 ka before this younger model and the plugs were at the front of the engine as you look at it and were almost sized in,,on the 03 plate ka they are round the back ,,,,,,

hope they come out easy as job to see whats going on :ph34r:

thanks again ;)

genuine ford plugs per set rrp £14.95.... I could do you a set for £7.35 plus postage (are you mainland postcode...if so £2.50 if not would have to have a quick check on postage price)

Thanks

Graham

FORD PARTS CENTRE

0191 4200168

my post code is HS20SH :(

how much for a air filter to fit this model as well

£5.33 for air filter.....as for postage cant find it on royal mail... £5.00 should cover the lot so the total would be £17.68 delivered. would need your chassis number just to confirm plugs if you did order.

Thanks

Graham

0191 4200168

ok thanks i,ll keep you in mind

sounds about right royal mail cant find my postcode :blink:

thanks again

NGK plugs work well in the Duratec, I'm told.

ford genuine plugs are ngk plugs as they supply almost all the majors mazda ford volkswagen mercedes etc due to there long life iriduim/platinum plugs which are only meant to need changed every 100k thats why ford service schedule states 100k service to replace the plugs i only use ngk as its what ford specify

well ngk must be good then

are champion plugs still going or have bit the dust :unsure:

Genuine ford plugs are motorcraft

yes,,,, i was just wondering if champion plugs were still going remember them in old motor biking days they were crap :P

yes,,,, i was just wondering if champion plugs were still going remember them in old motor biking days they were crap tongue.gif

they may be labelled motorcraft but they are made by ngk by ngks own admittance they are the supplier to ford

Many times, Ford will approach a contract manufacturer of a particular product (many times a supplier to the company already) and work with them to create a version for sale under the Motorcraft name. These products must meet quality standards set by the Ford Motor Company in order to be considered for retail sale.

ngk are that company and have been for over 20 years

they may be labelled motorcraft but they are made by ngk by ngks own admittance they are the supplier to ford

Many times, Ford will approach a contract manufacturer of a particular product (many times a supplier to the company already) and work with them to create a version for sale under the Motorcraft name. These products must meet quality standards set by the Ford Motor Company in order to be considered for retail sale.

ngk are that company and have been for over 20 years

Totally correct. The fact that Motorcraft plugs are stamped NGK also gives a clue.....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club