Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion Brake Light Help

Gingerbloke

Help needed!! A rear brake light has packed up on my Fusion and I have no idea how to get to it to swap it out!! There is no access panel on the inside and the only way that I can see to get it is two torx screws attaching the lense unit to the bodywork. Is this how to gain access to the bulb? It's also a 2006 reg if that is any help.

Yep that is exactly how to access them...bit fiddly...use care as once they are undone you have a 'ball and socket' type stud to release which, if I remember rightly is near the top...I found a wide bladed screwdriver, wrapped in a rag, between the body and lens, applying a fair bit of pressure ....will release the unit...you then have a connector to release which can be, and is adviseably, released before you start (behind boot lining near to the lower of the torx screws). You then have the bulb assembly to separate from the lens...which can also be fiddly....nothing is straight forward on any car these days....good luck...you'll need it!.....oh a small tip.... connect up the lamp assembly before reassembling everything...and check everything works properly 1st....could save you some time in case you have a duff bulb, as happened to me!

• Like 1

Yep that is exactly how to access them...bit fiddly...use care as once they are undone you have a 'ball and socket' type stud to release which, if I remember rightly is near the top...I found a wide bladed screwdriver, wrapped in a rag, between the body and lens, applying a fair bit of pressure ....will release the unit...you then have a connector to release which can be, and is adviseably, released before you start (behind boot lining near to the lower of the torx screws). You then have the bulb assembly to separate from the lens...which can also be fiddly....nothing is straight forward on any car these days....good luck...you'll need it!.....oh a small tip.... connect up the lamp assembly before reassembling everything...and check everything works properly 1st....could save you some time in case you have a duff bulb, as happened to me!

Blimey, you're right, it isn't straight forward!! Thanks for the advice, I would never have figured it out!

• 3 months later...

Help needed!! A rear brake light has packed up on my Fusion and I have no idea how to get to it to swap it out!! There is no access panel on the inside and the only way that I can see to get it is two torx screws attaching the lense unit to the bodywork. Is this how to gain access to the bulb? It's also a 2006 reg if that is any help.

After the torx screws and the peg-in-the-socket, reach around inside the rear pillar, about 6cm or so up from the bottom of the light unit - there is a hole for access. You will then detect a plastic wing-nut. Unscrew this and the lamp will come out. Press the multi connector release clip, then carefully ease the clips which hold the bulb assembly to the rear of the lamp. The bulbs are then accessed in the normal way.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club