Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Easy Is It To Change Break Pads And Discs

fiesta_lad

I only ever used the standard jack the one that come with the car because what i was going to do were you have the jacking points the little cut out bit were the jack goes into i was going to place the axle stands next to it so iam just thinking would this be ok.

yeah that will be perfect, between the jacking point and the front wheel.

yeah that will be perfect, between the jacking point and the front wheel.

Good good cheers just been looking at a set of axle stands ratchet action do you know if they are any good.

Good good cheers just been looking at a set of axle stands ratchet action do you know if they are any good.

yeah they are definetly good, can be a little pricey for what they are though

Also what the best axle stands.

Most basic axle stands are rated to 2+ tonnes. Your car is about 1 and a half so they'll do yah. Halfords are always doing deals on axle stands and things.

Most basic axle stands are rated to 2+ tonnes. Your car is about 1 and a half so they'll do yah. Halfords are always doing deals on axle stands and things.

i dont think a little fiesta quite weighs 1.5 tonne, my focus has been on the scales with half a tank of petrol and weighs 1.2 tonne.

as i said earlier, not all the weight of the car will be on the axle stands, some of it will remain on the other 2 wheels.

(im not having a go btw)

• 3 years later...

Hello

I know this post is over three years old, but just like to thank you - just the information that I needed :)

• 1 year later...

Tell him to make sure that his calipers aren't frozen when installing new pads or rotors, better yet replace them or rebuild them if in doubt. This will help to insure longer life and no rotor warping. I've had mine on a Ford Fiesta for a year and been happy with them.

Luk Schaffe makes a nice slotted cross drilled rotor (this may help keep them cool and prohibit warping) for not a ton of money. I think they're called Black XD Series.