jellyman

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: Bob
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2003

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hi I have a '53 2.0 130 TDCI Mondeo and have just replaced the rear subframe bushes with powerflex bushes. My problem is I still get a knocking only I go round a tight RH 90 corner (it sounds like it's coming from the RH rear) and there is quite alot of road noise. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,984 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi I have a '53 2.0 130 TDCI Mondeo and have just replaced the rear subframe bushes with powerflex bushes. My problem is I still get a knocking only I go round a tight RH 90 corner (it sounds like it's coming from the RH rear) and there is quite alot of road noise. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

have you had the car 4 wheel aligned by disturbing the subframe you have now put the rear out of alignment? broken spring deep in the cup trailing arms shock absorber or shock absorber bush could all be the culprit wouldnt have used powerflex they are far too stiff for road use and need regreasd every year to prevent them from cracking and splitting

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users