Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Lights

simps100

Hi all,

Just bought my new Fiesta MK7, its got all i wanted apart from the auto lights, its something i can live without with so no huge biggie, but im wondering if anyone knows if it would actually be possible to fit these by buying and installing the ford parts i need?

Anyone know if there's much parts to it apart from the sensor and the switch?

Im guessing not possible but would be nice if it is! Not fussed about the auto wipers atall!

Cheers

Marc

IF the wiring loom is in place you will also need the plastic housing to cover the sensor AND a new windscreen which has the blacked out area with the "window" for the sensor.Also the cars electronicis will probably need reprogramming by a dealer.

Not a cost effective upgrade.

Hi all,

Just bought my new Fiesta MK7, its got all i wanted apart from the auto lights, its something i can live without with so no huge biggie, but im wondering if anyone knows if it would actually be possible to fit these by buying and installing the ford parts i need?

Anyone know if there's much parts to it apart from the sensor and the switch?

Im guessing not possible but would be nice if it is! Not fussed about the auto wipers atall!

Cheers

Marc

I dont know about the Fiesta's but on my own car (Golf) the auto part is built into the windsreen along with the auto lights, if its different on the fiesta then i would like to know as the wifes misses this on her fiesta

I dont know about the Fiesta's but on my own car (Golf) the auto part is built into the windsreen along with the auto lights, if its different on the fiesta then i would like to know as the wifes misses this on her fiesta

That is why I said you will need to replace the windscreen in the Fiesta for one with the window for the rain/light sensor which is attatched to the windscreen.

IF the wiring loom is in place you will also need the plastic housing to cover the sensor AND a new windscreen which has the blacked out area with the "window" for the sensor.Also the cars electronicis will probably need reprogramming by a dealer.

Not a cost effective upgrade.

Thanks, i was hoping the windscreen would be the same all round and would have the space there for the sensor already but i guess not then! Any idea how much The switch for lights/sensor would cost and the windscreen ?

If i did manage to source the parts would fords do the reprogram for me despite me fitting it my self?

That is why I said you will need to replace the windscreen in the Fiesta for one with the window for the rain/light sensor which is attatched to the windscreen.

You posted as i did, or obviously i would not have posted my comment

Isn't the sensor on the screen just for the auto wipers? I thought the light sensor was the little dome on the very front of the dashboard (right in the middle, just behind the screen itself).

Isn't the sensor on the screen just for the auto wipers? I thought the light sensor was the little dome on the very front of the dashboard (right in the middle, just behind the screen itself).

The sensor on the windscreen is a combined light/moisture sensor.

The dome on the centre of the dash is the "sunlight" sensor for the climate control. (page 74 of the user manual)

I have auto lights and to be honest I’m not impressed :huh: , If you haven’t got auto wipers I would suggest you give them a go –very effective and handy :)

Going by what people have said, if this mod is possible it would give me both auto wipers and lights, by sounds of it wont be easy though!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club