Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Tdcii Bluefin From Superchips

Lighting

I want to chip my MK7 TDCI 1.6

Looking at Superchips site, there is Bluefin only available for MK6 1.6 TDCI. As this engine should be identical with MK7 1.6 TDCI, do you think this would actually work with MK7?

I send email to this company, no answer..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benholden2008

• Lighting

• beatty36

• TCGuitarman

I want to chip my MK7 TDCI 1.6

Looking at Superchips site, there is Bluefin only available for MK6 1.6 TDCI. As this engine should be identical with MK7 1.6 TDCI, do you think this would actually work with MK7?

I send email to this company, no answer..

apparently not, the mk7 ecu is difficult to access via the diagnostics port which the bluefin module plugs into, might even be impossible. i know that when i was looking to get mine remapped, most companies said that they hadn't yet cracked the ecu via the diagnostics port and the only way was to remove the ecu and do it that way. In the end i went for a tuning box from TDItuning.co.uk and even though it was a !Removed! to fit, its results have been more than impressive

apparently not, the mk7 ecu is difficult to access via the diagnostics port which the bluefin module plugs into, might even be impossible. i know that when i was looking to get mine remapped, most companies said that they hadn't yet cracked the ecu via the diagnostics port and the only way was to remove the ecu and do it that way. In the end i went for a tuning box from TDItuning.co.uk and even though it was a !Removed! to fit, its results have been more than impressive

More than impresive? Sounds good, could you be more specific? how about fuel economy, any better?

yea its deffernatly worth the money. i got mine from here

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/product.html/cat%5B%5D=0000000518/search/x=26/y=14

I havent had mine rolling road tested yet so cannot comment on how much HP or torque it adds, but its the best £130 i've spent, especially seen asthough i was going to spend more than double that on a remap.

as for fuel economy i was adveraging about 48MPG before the chip and now i'm adveraging 55MPG, and thats with reving over 3500RPM most of the time

The only negative point i have is its quite a pain to fit but i can advise on this if you decide to buy one.

yea its deffernatly worth the money. i got mine from here

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/product.html/cat%5B%5D=0000000518/search/x=26/y=14

I havent had mine rolling road tested yet so cannot comment on how much HP or torque it adds, but its the best £130 i've spent, especially seen asthough i was going to spend more than double that on a remap.

as for fuel economy i was adveraging about 48MPG before the chip and now i'm adveraging 55MPG, and thats with reving over 3500RPM most of the time

The only negative point i have is its quite a pain to fit but i can advise on this if you decide to buy one.

I trust you mate and getting one, so you better be right ;) :)

What is so hard about fitting it?

I trust you mate and getting one, so you better be right ;) :)

What is so hard about fitting it?

the connector that it connects too is right down the back of the engine, i needed to take off..

both windscreen washers

windscreen cowling( the black plastic bit at the botton of the windscreen as this prevents you from reaching down into the back of the engine)

the battery

the battery box, (which for some stupid reason is part of your ECU so this needs to be removed by undoing two large connector blocks)

When all this is removed you can see a little red connector down the right hand side of your engine. this is where the tuning box connects too.

Took me about an hour to fit and it sounds harder than it is really.

PM me if you need any more info

the connector that it connects too is right down the back of the engine, i needed to take off..

both windscreen washers

windscreen cowling( the black plastic bit at the botton of the windscreen as this prevents you from reaching down into the back of the engine)

the battery

the battery box, (which for some stupid reason is part of your ECU so this needs to be removed by undoing two large connector blocks)

When all this is removed you can see a little red connector down the right hand side of your engine. this is where the tuning box connects too.

Jack the car up nearside front, wheel off, then you can get to it from there.

You will need a small screwdriver to flick the clip off (which is facing the block) you may need a torch and a mirror.

Colin.

Jack the car up nearside front, wheel off, then you can get to it from there.

You will need a small screwdriver to flick the clip off (which is facing the block) you may need a torch and a mirror.

Colin.

well that sounds alot easier wish i'd of known that

well that sounds alot easier wish i'd of known that

Thanks for your help guys. They have already sent me a guide how to install it (the first discussed way). If anyone interested I can upload it, but basically it's what Ben says plus some pics

Thanks for your help guys. They have already sent me a guide how to install it (the first discussed way). If anyone interested I can upload it, but basically it's what Ben says plus some pics

well the guide I got off them was based on a 1.8 focus because they didn't have one for the mk7 fiesta, which was pretty useless so I kind of fugired it out as I went, still pretty easy just time consuming.

Anyway let us know how you get on be interesting to see what other people think

well the guide I got off them was based on a 1.8 focus because they didn't have one for the mk7 fiesta, which was pretty useless so I kind of fugired it out as I went, still pretty easy just time consuming.

Anyway let us know how you get on be interesting to see what other people think

The one they sent me is for 1.6 HDI engine, so I suppose it should be good one. It includes stuff like filter and window washers removal :rolleyes:

The one they sent me is for 1.6 HDI engine, so I suppose it should be good one. It includes stuff like filter and window washers removal :rolleyes:

just got reply from SC:

We are currently not able to offer bluefin for the Fiesta Mark 7; although the engine may be the same as in the earlier model, the engine management software is different. We will hold onto your details and contact you when we have news, although at the moment we do not think it will be possible.

well, interesting that the tuning box above will work in Fiesta MK6/MK7 regardless of the version, but for bluefin it works differently :unsure:

just got reply from SC:

We are currently not able to offer bluefin for the Fiesta Mark 7; although the engine may be the same as in the earlier model, the engine management software is different. We will hold onto your details and contact you when we have news, although at the moment we do not think it will be possible.

well, interesting that the tuning box above will work in Fiesta MK6/MK7 regardless of the version, but for bluefin it works differently :unsure:

Bluefin is essentially a pre-programmed re-map of the engine management, while the tuning box achieves similar results by plugging in to the common rail and adjusting fuel timings and so forth. Re-maps are generally better in terms of gains.

Bluefins are done via the dianostics port too, which on the mk7 wont work, as of yet. You can however get it remapped via a tuning company (e.g RS tuning) but for £400 its abit steep, especially if you have an engine malfunctions and your ECU needs to be reset, resulting in you loosing the remap and £400!

The results will be better via a re-map, but hardly noticable and certainly not worth the extra money.

Bluefins are done via the dianostics port too, which on the mk7 wont work, as of yet. You can however get it remapped via a tuning company (e.g RS tuning) but for £400 its abit steep, especially if you have an engine malfunctions and your ECU needs to be reset, resulting in you loosing the remap and £400!

The results will be better via a re-map, but hardly noticable and certainly not worth the extra money.

Ben, so far no problems like ECU errors, emission errors, etc?

Ben, so far no problems like ECU errors, emission errors, etc?

Nop nothing of the sort, had it on for 6 months too, the box has different settings so if you do get any warning messages just turn it down a notch, although I've never heard of any of these problems

both windscreen washers

the battery

Hey, I'm struggling to get the battery case out, there is three large bolts holding it in at the bottom and i undid these but then it is attached to somthing else on the left hand side of it. Need help asap. Also would you happen to have a picture of where the device connects into. This would be really helpful,

Thanks

Yea this is where it becomes a pain, wait till you have too put it all back together! From what I can remember it will be the cables on the ecu, which is connected to the battery box that will be holding it on, you need to reach down and unclip them, they will be two large connectors to unclip if I remember rightly

So I managed to fit the TDI box. Took half day :D

As Ben said, airbox out, battery, batterybox out, window sweepers out, and also the insulation under window. Then after looking for about 15 minutes we finally found where is the connector. Took another 20 minutes to take it off and plug in the TDI box. Then about 2 hours the put everything back.

Test ride, yes it adds power and you feel it, specially when rpm go above 2000. The fuel consumption also looked good, but needs more time to confirm it.

Problem: after few kilometers, malfunction light came up, although everything seems to be fine. I hope it's emission. I have already sent message to the company asking for a solution. I might need to take care for diagnostics to confirm it only the emission problem :mellow:

Hey, I'm struggling to get the battery case out, there is three large bolts holding it in at the bottom and i undid these but then it is attached to somthing else on the left hand side of it. Need help asap. Also would you happen to have a picture of where the device connects into. This would be really helpful,

Thanks

There are 3 screws attached to the battery box. One on side, 2 on bottom. Don't worry flip around the battery box, until you find a position to unscrew them.

try turning the box down a notch, i tryed mine on all types of settings and never had any engine malfunction warning lights, but its more than likely just to be emmissions. does it produce alot of black smoke? as this could also be causing the problem, but turning the box down should sort this

try turning the box down a notch, i tryed mine on all types of settings and never had any engine malfunction warning lights, but its more than likely just to be emmissions. does it produce alot of black smoke? as this could also be causing the problem, but turning the box down should sort this

Ben, what do you mean by "turning the box down a notch" and "turning the box down"?

thanks

Ben, what do you mean by "turning the box down a notch" and "turning the box down"?

thanks

Tuning boxes are adjustable. You can literally, turn the increase of power down, in the event that you want less power/more economy and the like.

Yea this is where it becomes a pain, wait till you have too put it all back together! From what I can remember it will be the cables on the ecu, which is connected to the battery box that will be holding it on, you need to reach down and unclip them, they will be two large connectors to unclip if I remember rightly

Are these clips on the left hand side of the battery box?

As for the screws a cant access these what so ever to even get a screwdriver into them. This is more trouble than it's worth and may have to send the box back :(

Are these clips on the left hand side of the battery box?

As for the screws a cant access these what so ever to even get a screwdriver into them. This is more trouble than it's worth and may have to send the box back :(

maybe is worth to have it properly fitted in car service