Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Pipe

Bagheera

I took the car a couple of weeks ago to the local official garage and I was told that the turbo pipe should be renewed as there was an oily grime around the pipe - and I actually saw it. However, it caught my attention that this part had been renewed some 15.000 kms ago once again during a periodic maintenance visit. Now the car is at 45.000 kms and I wonder if I have to renew the turbo pipe every 15.000 kms. Is this a common problem among turbodiesels?

is the oil on the inside of the pipe or the out side as if it is on the in side that is normal but if it is on the out side on ether end of the pipe with no splits then they should of just tighten hope this helps.

I took the car a couple of weeks ago to the local official garage and I was told that the turbo pipe should be renewed as there was an oily grime around the pipe - and I actually saw it. However, it caught my attention that this part had been renewed some 15.000 kms ago once again during a periodic maintenance visit. Now the car is at 45.000 kms and I wonder if I have to renew the turbo pipe every 15.000 kms. Is this a common problem among turbodiesels?

There were issues with the turbo pipe on the 1.6tdci becoming blocked and restricting oil flow to the turbo. I think the updated replacement should have solved this. It should not have to be replaced every so often provided the correct updated pipe was fitted.

Thank you for the replies you both provided. However, I have no idea if this one is the revised part fitted. And I also feel that the engine does not deliver a high output as it once did.