Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying An Smax?

mrfuzzyfelts

Going to see an SMAX 2.0 titanium 2007 with 56k miles.

Any buying advice?

What should i look at other than normal stuff?

Is there anything to check?

Im a bit worried about all the reviews on the net about how bad they are and unreliable?

Going to see an SMAX 2.0 titanium 2007 with 56k miles.

Any buying advice?

What should i look at other than normal stuff?

Is there anything to check?

Im a bit worried about all the reviews on the net about how bad they are and unreliable?

The usual rules apply, if there's a button push it etc etc. If its 2.0 diesel you are looking at then look at for any unsual vibrations when you change gear, could be a dual mass fly wheel which is costly yo fix. Also make sure the car pulls well when you put your foot down. Get the owner/dealer to start the car and watch out for smoke from the exhaust. A lot of black smoke may indicate injector issues. Also lift the black plastic cover off the top of the engine so you get a good look at the injector/manifold area. If there is fluid there it is most likely to be diesel which again would indicate injector problems (expensive!) or leaking fuel return pipes. Also worth enquiring if the car is fitted with a dpf (do a google searcg for dpf and you'll know why this is important) This list is not exhaustive but with a diesel the costly areas are dmf and injectors!