Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service By Ford Dealer

ogryn

So I took my Fiesta for it's first service today, and the bill came back at £220. I paid obviously but that seems quite steep isn't it?

The dealer gave me a "free" valet with that (even though I'd only washed it on Wednesday!), a "free" Ford/AA road map and a 15% off the next service voucher. I was kind of hoping it would be £150!

12,500 service: 111.86

Env. Disposal: 7.50

Filter - Odour - 13.93

Filter Assy - 5.27

Plug - oil Drain - 5.97

Shell Helix oil - 42.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lesson learnt there... fill it up before you go with a £10 bottle from Halfords!)

VAT - 32.74

They also did the recall whilst they were there but I'm assuming that's under the warranty.

Mine was £138 - the odour filter was free and I got the free road map too, with lots of useless offers in it!

Mine was a 1 year service as I had only done 4k miles

I've been quoted £110 for mine next week - I'm expecting there to be a few extras on that, but £220 for a first service is way OTT.

Take it to rapid fit instead. Built next to a Ford garage in most cases and about 40% cheaper in my experience.

Always shop around and take the best quote to the dealer with you, £220 is mad, i only paid £99 for my VW and that needs proper expensive oil and runs over 300 bhp !!!

Always shop around and take the best quote to the dealer with you, £220 is mad, i only paid £99 for my VW and that needs proper expensive oil and runs over 300 bhp !!!

Yeah I agree shop around - ring at least five dealers and play them off against each other.

Blue - Wow that's cheap... also, what the hell Golf is that anyway?!

When I negotiated the deal for my new Fez in November, I was offered and decided to take, a servicing deal from the Garage. For a one-off payment of £200 I get one service per year for the length of time I have the car, it includes all oil/filters and normal service expenses, and they will also pick up my car from my house and deliver it back when they have finished (or give me a loan car). My husband got this deal included for free, when he bought his Mondeo 3 years ago and the garage have been as good as their word on each of the 3 occasions they have serviced it.

It might be something to bear in mind the next time you change up to the latest model and it definitely makes your £220 1st service look like a bad deal - don't think I would be using them again in a hurry!

Yeah I agree shop around - ring at least five dealers and play them off against each other.

Blue - Wow that's cheap... also, what the hell Golf is that anyway?!

second service was only £115 to due to haggling also, the Golf is an edition 30 GTi, it's the one with the big turbo and Audi 2.0 litre S3 engine

So I took my Fiesta for it's first service today, and the bill came back at £220. I paid obviously but that seems quite steep isn't it?

The dealer gave me a "free" valet with that (even though I'd only washed it on Wednesday!), a "free" Ford/AA road map and a 15% off the next service voucher. I was kind of hoping it would be £150!

Filter - Odour - 13.93

Filter Assy - 5.27

Plug - Oil Drain - 5.97

Shell Helix Oil - 42.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lesson learnt there... fill it up before you go with a £10 bottle from Halfords!)

VAT - 32.74

They also did the recall whilst they were there but I'm assuming that's under the warranty.

Seems outrageously expensive - mine had its first service 2 weeks ago at Lookers Ford, Sheffield & the bill was £129... much hilarity from me at the service counter when I was asked to pay this because I have a 3 year "Ford Protect" service plan where I paid £431 to Ford just after I got the car & this covers the first 3 services and also gives AA cover for years 2 & 3 too (told Lookers about this when I dropped the car off!)

Just had a courtesy call from Inchcape. I said I thought it was very expensive and had seen other quotes around the £150 mark and was told flat out that "That is the standard price for that service". After that you could tell he just wanted me off the phone.

Ultimately, you can go to any VAT registered garage, so long as you use genuine Ford parts (if you are concerned about warranty). Ford cannot invalidate your warranty, so long as you can prove that genuine Ford approved parts were used :) That basically means anything with 'Ford/Motorcraft on it is good to go and anything else may cause issues with validity of warranty should Ford decide to poke around during a future claim.

You can buy a servicing kit online and then pay a garage to complete the labour. Job done. This is what I will be doing next time the car is due a service.

I went to my dealer to book mine in for its first service today and they quoted £140 for the service and added the optional paint and bodywork inspection for £15 which is "very important to keep the anti-perforation warranty intact" I was told, especially as I've requested they carry out remedial work to the rear door sills that are stone chipped. Apparently I need this every 12 months in case I have to make a claim under the anti-perforation warranty. Do I really need this £15 option or is this just sales spiel to get more money out of me? I thought a warranty was a free guarantee of quality of work.

I went to my dealer to book mine in for its first service today and they quoted £140 for the service and added the optional paint and bodywork inspection for £15 which is "very important to keep the anti-perforation warranty intact" I was told, especially as I've requested they carry out remedial work to the rear door sills that are stone chipped. Apparently I need this every 12 months in case I have to make a claim under the anti-perforation warranty. Do I really need this £15 option or is this just sales spiel to get more money out of me? I thought a warranty was a free guarantee of quality of work.

This sounds like BS to me, never had this on any car i bought, they should check the car at the service as part of the whole package

Golf is an edition 30 GTi, it's the one with the big turbo and Audi 2.0 litre S3 engine

Sounds excellent.

As for the paint work check just book a normal service and then when you pick it up ask the receptionist to stamp the service book and the paint check thing whilst they're at it - they won't want you hanging after they've got the money. That's what I always do anyway.

Filter - Odour - 13.93

Filter Assy - 5.27

Plug - Oil Drain - 5.97

Shell Helix Oil - 42.57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lesson learnt there... fill it up before you go with a £10 bottle from Halfords!)

VAT - 32.74

I got a guaranteed first service price when i bought the car for £137 i didnt tell them this when i booked it in cos i thought it would be more. When i got the bill it was £138 an something pence but I got the difference back. So yes i think that service bill was way too expensive. Try phoning round at other Ford dealers just ask how much a first service would be then if its lower complain they should all roughly charge the same.

I asked them to carry out the paint and bodywork inspection and I was also charged an extra £15. They identified a stone chip on the rear door (I only have a 3 door) Even if they meant the rear panel I can't find it!

Go to a Bristol Street dealer, you can get a service plan for around £12.50 a month which covers all your services & mot's... Bargain ;)

service plans are avalible at every dealer. Ford provide them. We offer every customer it. Also your roadside assistance will be extended for how ever long you take the service plan over.

My Fiesta is in for it's first service today at Allen Ford in Upminster.

£129 all in.

I was asked if I wanted the AC checked and a deodouriser added for £29.99 - no odour so no thanks

I was also asked if I wanted some super duper oil for £15 but again said no.

Apparently the service charge also includes one years additional Ford Assistance which is worth a few quid.

Name and Praise to Smith Garage Ford in Pinwall, Warwickshire.

Dropped the car off yesterday morning, was given a completely free courtesy car (didn't even have to insure it) although it was a 1.2 diesel mk 6.5 (YUCK). I was working late so arranged to pick up the car first thing this morning - no problem.

It was ready for me at 8am this morning, they hadn't washed it (as instructed) and the bill came to a paltry £102.31 total.

I did however need 2 new front tyres, which cost me over £250 later in the day from somewhere else :(

I did however need 2 new front tyres, which cost me over £250 later in the day from somewhere else :(

Wow seems expensive.. My dad had has front nearside tyre changed today and it was £113... I was like :o

But seems yours were £125 each... Tyres are getting worse price wise..

By the way found out something intresting, you may all already know but as im new im entilted to sound like a prat on ocassions :rolleyes:

The new fiesta's come with the tyre repair kit spray thing, and apparently this stuff can now be washed out of the tyres by the ford mechanics, as my dad has this and his stuff ruins his tyre...

Good to know

Thanks

Kris

Silly question, but do I need to contact Ford regarding my 1 year service or will they contact me? :blink:

You contact them Flic - book it a couple of weeks in advance if you want it bang on the 12 months.

Kris - the Fiesta can (and should) be spec'd with a spare wheel instead of tyre weld, I wouldn't drive on a welded tyre in a million years, washed out or not.

I had the choice between Avons at £78 and Bridgestone Potenzas (what I have on the back) for £134 each. For me, that's an easy choice - having had Avons on my old Ka I will never have them again.