Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Missing Something?

Jason Tierney

I had a courtesy car the other day( while ford fitted my CAT 1 Alarm) and was given a 59 plate 1.25 style fiesta

My mum was in the car and I set of without my mother putting her belt on- the car started beeping and flashing the seatbelt indicator.

WHen I got my ZS back I checked if that was on mine(as I couldnt remeber) and It wasnt.

Just wondering if its supposed to have it or not- its not big deal if it doesnt but I'd like it to be fixed if its broken/not working.

Yep, on mine too, but only over a certain speed, and might be on the back too!

Jason have you checked your vehicle settings to see if your warning chimes are disabled. Do you get a chime when you reach 50 miles of fuel left? If not it sounds like all the chimes are disabled. On you stereo check settings -> vehicle -> chimes -> warning chimes.

I'm pretty sure my seatbelt alarm doesn't go off on my passenger side.. Will have to check.

Who wants to volunteer to sit in my car un-belted whilst I drive wrecklessly?? :D

Strange how we all have different answers to this.

I have a Titanium like mark t and the passenger side sound no matter what the speed, no idea about the rear - not something I have tried - wonder if I can find someone to sit in back so I can try it out :)

We then have several Zetec-S owners, some say they have them, some saying they don't.

I am confused :P

I can confirm on my zetec mk7 the seatbelt warning goes off for the drivers side and the passengers side if i pull off without either having fastened the seatbelt. but it does not chime if some1 sits in the back without there seat-belt fastened

this is on a 3 door it might be different for a 5 but i highly doubt it.

the following is an extract from etis

Preparation

Apply the parking brake.

Place the transmission selector lever in P (Park) - vehicles with automatic transmission or the neutral position - vehicles with manual transmission.

Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.

Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.

Deactivating/Activating

NOTE: Deactivation of the belt minder may also be carried out using IDS. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.

Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).

Wait at least 15 seconds.

NOTE: This step must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. Release the red unbuckle switch completely every cycle.

The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.

Turn the ignition switch to position 0. The deactivation/activation procedure is now complete.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure my seatbelt alarm doesn't go off on my passenger side.. Will have to check.

Who wants to volunteer to sit in my car un-belted whilst I drive wrecklessly?? biggrin.gif

yes pleasetongue.gif

yes pleasetongue.gif

Nice one :D

I'm taking my car into Ford on Saturday to get the cigarette lighter hole thing mended as I seem to have broken it somehow :blink: So I shall enquire as to why my passenger seat doesn't ding.

My passenger side doesnt ding, but today I drove without my seatbelt and got it working. both me and passanger didnt have them on, but im positive It didnt work when just my mum took her belt off.

Is very strange. A guess Zetec S passengers are not a priority. :)

Empty dead end road middle of the night, Thats about as private as it got( dont ask for her side of the story though.... ;))

I may have to do further "studies" of this, and see if its just the driver side or if all the passenger ones work too. Im sure they will, im just inquisitive

Ok, So, if im driving and I release the buckle on my belt, it flashes and beeps to its hearts content, but if my front seat passenger doesnt have/takes off her belt buckle, then it doesn flash or beep

? ? ?

My front passenger belt also beeps & flashes if passenger has not fastened it. Zetec 5 door 2010 model.