Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanted: Mk7 Bulb Change

Rogue_Shadow

MK7 Bulb Upgrade  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have your upgraded the Bulbs in Your MK7?

• Yes
    • No
    • Im Not Going To
    • I Want To

Hey FOC

I don't plan to change alot with my MK7, I want to keep the warranty intact :unsure:

However I would really like to change the Headlight bulbs of the MK7 so I can get some whiter light.

I don't fancy going down the H.I.D route but would love a lil upgrade.

So if anyone could provide some pictures or a guide on how to remove the headlight bulbs. It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Id completely screw this up without some help :lol:

Thank You

Dont have the guide, but just so you know RS< I did it with just replacing the head lamps, its so fricking easy mate, tho only thing is the main bulb is held in with a kinda metal spring bar thing that can be a bit fiddly, and the only scary moment is tacking a quick rip at the light to free it from the plastic clamp at the bottom of the light cluster when taking it out of the car, but one sharp motion up sorts it.

Mine didnt break or anything, dont be scared to to do it, never done anything like that before and had no real problems.

this has been answered several times before, therefore we have "Search" button ;)

I used the search button, I was just curious is anyone was working on, or had made a guide :)

Dont have the guide, but just so you know RS< I did it with just replacing the head lamps, its so fricking easy mate, tho only thing is the main bulb is held in with a kinda metal spring bar thing that can be a bit fiddly, and the only scary moment is tacking a quick rip at the light to free it from the plastic clamp at the bottom of the light cluster when taking it out of the car, but one sharp motion up sorts it.

Mine didnt break or anything, dont be scared to to do it, never done anything like that before and had no real problems.

Cheers Strutter, Im going to have a go at removing the headlight tomorrow :unsure:

If you have looked yourself you will have seen to 2 obvious screws that hold the lamp in place, their is a small placement screw at the very very front in the front vent housing, just to the very side, for this you need a small flat head screw driver to lift it out, it doesnt screw in or anything, lifts out and push back in is all.

The lamp still wont budge, tho this is when you take the "plug" out of the back, tho their is a small latch on this, so ya kinda need to lift and pull on it at the same time, this can take quite a tug, be careful not to pull on the cable itself, but the plastic housing.

Their is a plastic snap release on the bottom of teh light clusters to the body of the car, crab the light cluster at the from and middle back of the light, and whilst pulling up with s sharpe movement try and pull the light towards the windscreen (depending what side your working on), this kinda lift the light from the "hook" of the plastic fitting and usually gets it out in one movement.

I did it first day I had the car, Changed the sidelights for white LED's and changed the dipped beam for Phillips Bluevision lights, dont look white as such but are very good and when im behind people they say It has the look of bmw/audi/erc lights where going over bumps etc it changes colour. Real clean cut light, no scatter and has a nice rainbow effect around the edge of the light pattern when comming up behind cars, looks pretty cool.

Its just 2 screws, and a think 3 plastic push clips that have "lids" on them. UNscrew the screws, get a screwdriver and prise the lid off the push clips and then prise the push clip out of its hole with same method- id you dont wana go near your paintwork, I put the screwdriver in the hole in the middle of the push clip and kinda pulled and twisted. Then the scary part, trying to get it out of the clip that holds it- remove the cabling on the back- thats a pain in the !Removed! but got there in the end. just give it a good tug, its pretty strong.

then, Rinse and repeat- Just check the lights work before putting it all back in. for instance, sidelight bulbs only work put in one way.

replaced everything except tail/stop lights :)

photo0316001w.jpg

i posted this a few times... i think the difference is well worth it and looks nice :)

them bulbs i put in where just a tenor off eBay for a set xenon look halogens

and with the fogs looks like thisss

photo04031.jpg

any photos? rolleyes.gif

why would you need photos of a w5w bulb or of a H7 bulb?

pictures will never show what they really look like. just take my word, they look good. anything over standard is an improvement, you can't go wrong

why would you need photos of a w5w bulb or of a H7 bulb?

i think he meant final result with them in like i done :)

its hard to catch an indicator flashing really.

and the led's just shine white instead of yellow, same with the zenons... erm oh and the silver w5ws in the mirrors don't look orange anymore, except when they flash.

just get the bulbs bought, you won't regret it

Hey guys

Thought Id use this thread instead of making ANOTHER

Can anyone please help confirmed with me these bulbs for my MK7 are the right ones and are ROAD LEGAL

(Already got confronted by officer a few weeks back and I cant afford to have points on my licence :( )

Dipped beam:

Sidelights (Included with the dimmed beam bulbs)

Indicator bulbs

Thank You

Hey guys

Thought Id use this thread instead of making ANOTHER

Can anyone please help confirmed with me these bulbs for my MK7 are the right ones and are ROAD LEGAL

(Already got confronted by officer a few weeks back and I cant afford to have points on my licence :( )

Dipped beam:

Sidelights (Included with the dimmed beam bulbs)

Indicator bulbs

Thank You

Yep, they are all road legal and the right ones. I have those sidelights myself!

Yep, they are all road legal and the right ones. I have those sidelights myself!

Thank You! :)

Hey Rogue Shadow. Not sure exactly what look you want, but if it is a whiter light, I fitted my Phillips Blue Vision set today, amazing. Low beam used to be fairly weak, but it's might brighter, it's whiter, crisper, more defined and a lot more stylish to look at. The spread seems better too, seems to through the light up further. On high beam it's amazing for a little car. I have to say though, I'm an idiot, it took me two hours to remove the headlights, change the bulbs, and then re assemble them. My lights don't have three screws, they have two screws and a plastic clip on the front. Regardless, Blue Vision gets the thumbs up from me :)

I used H1 and H7 bulbs BTW.

Thats great to hear Danny

Ive gone ahead and ordered mine. Hopefully the headlight will come off as easily as everyone says.

2 screws and lift up and towards the windscreen right?

Thats great to hear Danny

Ive gone ahead and ordered mine. Hopefully the headlight will come off as easily as everyone says.

2 screws and lift up and towards the windscreen right?

2 screws, one plastic plug like thing and a catch that sounds like it breaks every time you yank the light up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...