Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Build Quality... Really That Good ?

Scarab 87

Nowt wrong with mine, over 12 months old now and nothing has fell off and nothing rattles.

Same :) Fabio is almost 12 months old anyways, nothing rattles apart from when I'm blasting me tunes, innit blud.

you were almost there - but my ka is a mk1, built in valencia spain, and its had enough problems for an '08 reg which is what prompted me to suggest the spanish plant isnt so clever.

The Ka line at Valencia was a shared track as well,with the mazda 121 and then the Mazda 2

Dave

I have suffered from a rattling A pillar when playing music (not loud) and driving on normal roads. The deaer solved the problem by packing it. I have no idea what with though, but it seems to have solved the problem, so I am happy.

you say that cut 25 kg from the weight of the fiesta.

Well How heavy is the spare wheel etc

That is how they made the weight saving.

Jamie

you say that cut 25 kg from the weight of the fiesta.

Well How heavy is the spare wheel etc

That is how they made the weight saving.

Jamie

I have a spare wheel.

Apologies but I got the figure wrong,

Its 40kg lighter on a like for like basis,and a further (15kg?) lighter of you remove the spare wheel.

Dave

From Ford web site:

To achieve this impressive combination, Ford engineers turned to new metals for the body. Over 55 per cent of the structure is made from ultra high strength steel – helping to make the Ford Fiesta 40kg lighter than the model it replaced.

link

http://www.ford.co.uk/AboutFord/News/VehicleNews/HeartOfSteel

The build quality is poor compared to what?

At least try to back up your generalised statements with some facts as to who has superior build quality.

Ive had over a dozen new cars and dont find the build quality on my Fiesta any worse than Vauxhalls,Toyotas,Peugeot and Other Ford models.

Dave

A lot of owners seem to have the same view as me.

Ask for reviews on any other popular car (and the Mk 7 has sold THOUSANDS!) and you will unfortunately find some negative reviews.

I have friends and family who have cars made my VW/Vauxhall/Fiat etc and they have things going wrong that you wouldnt expect too and have all been back to the dealers. Got a friend with a Punto and after less than 2 years new break pads and disks, new hoses and a broken glove box to name but a few.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club