Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

xXxStacyxXx

Battery Light

Hi,

Dont know if anyone can point me in the right direction, but the battery light keeps coming on and off on my car. Anyone know what could be the cause of this? When the light comes on there seems to be a slight lack of power aswell. I'm thinking it maybe eihter the battery needs changing or its the alternator but not 100%.

Anyone know of what it might be?

Thanks

Stacy

Hi,

Dont know if anyone can point me in the right direction, but the battery light keeps coming on and off on my car. Anyone know what could be the cause of this? When the light comes on there seems to be a slight lack of power aswell. I'm thinking it maybe eihter the battery needs changing or its the alternator but not 100%.

Anyone know of what it might be?

Thanks

Stacy

check the battery terminals are clean and tight. i would also have the battery load tested and the output of the alternator tested too.

an old duff battery can lead to the battery light coming on now and then

check the battery terminals are clean and tight. i would also have the battery load tested and the output of the alternator tested too.

an old duff battery can lead to the battery light coming on now and then

Thanks for your help will check the terminals now. Hope its nothing 2 expensive wrong with it though cause its due for M.O.T next month and think im going to have alot of problems with it :(

Hey,

Just wondering, how old is that car? I would clean off the contacts, if that fails pop the car into a garage and get the battery load tested. Might just be that the battery is at the end of its life.

Hey,

Just wondering, how old is that car? I would clean off the contacts, if that fails pop the car into a garage and get the battery load tested. Might just be that the battery is at the end of its life.

Its an L reg so about 19 years old i think

I would be in favour of a poor earth connection from the alternator. Just clean all connections and see what happens

Mine in my Mk3 is on all the time, i will get round to cleaning it

I would be in favour of a poor earth connection from the alternator. Just clean all connections and see what happens

Mine in my Mk3 is on all the time, i will get round to cleaning it