2 replies to this topic

#1 sweettoad

sweettoad

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: focus zetec 1.8 tdci

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

I wonder if the throttle reponse is adjustable on my 1.8 TDCI, 08 plate,i find all the revs in the first 10mm of the throttle and tend to rev the engine more then i really need to when moving off,i belieave this is a electronic throttle,so maybe i will have to live with it,any ideas?thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

I wonder if the throttle reponse is adjustable on my 1.8 TDCI, 08 plate,i find all the revs in the first 10mm of the throttle and tend to rev the engine more then i really need to when moving off,i belieave this is a electronic throttle,so maybe i will have to live with it,any ideas?thanks.

It is indeed a fly-by-wire throttle that may suffer from damaged contacts (I am informed). This can result in 'gaps' during acceleration, depending on how hard you are pushing the gas, if that makes any sense? Could be worth checking out - it's still under warranty, so nothing to lose :)

#3 sweettoad

sweettoad

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Ford Model: focus zetec 1.8 tdci

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:11 AM

It is indeed a fly-by-wire throttle that may suffer from damaged contacts (I am informed). This can result in 'gaps' during acceleration, depending on how hard you are pushing the gas, if that makes any sense? Could be worth checking out - it's still under warranty, so nothing to lose :)

Thanks,i will get the ford garage to check it out.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users