Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD FOCUS ENGINE OIL OVERFILL

jonp

I live in the UK.

I drive a Ford Focus 1.8 petrol (the Zetec E engine).

I would be extremely grateful if someone could tell me (if they know the answer) how far above the Maximum notch on the engine dipstick the oil level would have to be in order for the crankshaft to come into contact with the oil in the oil pan (Sump) ? I mean how many milli litres extra would be needed for this to happen and to cause the problem of the crankshaft whipping up the oil ?

If you don't know what the clearance is between the sump oil level and the crankshaft on this type of engine do you think FORD would be able to tell me and put my mind at rest ?

It would def be an idea to go to Ford and ask. The wrong answer could be detrimental to your engines health

• 1 year later...
I live in the UK.

I drive a Ford Focus 1.8 petrol (the Zetec E engine).

I would be extremely grateful if someone could tell me (if they know the answer) how far above the Maximum notch on the engine dipstick the oil level would have to be in order for the crankshaft to come into contact with the oil in the oil pan (Sump) ? I mean how many milli litres extra would be needed for this to happen and to cause the problem of the crankshaft whipping up the oil ?

If you don't know what the clearance is between the sump oil level and the crankshaft on this type of engine do you think FORD would be able to tell me and put my mind at rest ?

from,jannergeoff : You have to be carefull with the oil quantity in a zetec engine, I have overfilled the engine with oil and it blows the crankshaft oil seals,luckily it was still under warranty and Fords fixed the seals. Just take care,I thought it better just to monitor the levels after an oil change : take it for a short drive,then let the engine cool down for 20 mins,re-check the oil level,with the car parked on a level surface. I know its basic stuff, but a little messing around will get that oil level spot on the full mark. Note : some of the oil dip-sticks show the level graduations differently,do your home-work and check with the manual or get the info from Fords.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club