Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Replace Front And Rear Speakers?

DarthRevan

Hey guys, I have a Fusion 2 and was wondering how to upgrade the front and rear Speakers. I have already replaced the double sized head unit with a Sony stereo and adapter.

Hey guys, I have a Fusion 2 and was wondering how to upgrade the front and rear speakers. I have already replaced the double sized head unit with a Sony stereo and adapter.

with difficulty by the time you remove the door apnels remove the ford Speakers get similar sized ones if you can best advice is walk into the shop with the original and get the new ones so that the fixing holes are the same and watch the depth of the rear so it doesnt break youre window youll need an adaptor from the original ford wires to the Speakers and possibly youll need an adaptor plate as well look on the net for direct replacements pioneer are quite good as are alpine designed to fit straight in with no messing around

to remove door panel Remove the rubber plate sitting in the bottom of the inside 'cup handle' of the door's window/lock panel, to expose a screw. Remove screw.

- Remove the window/door lock control panel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses attached to it.

- Remove the torx screw on the edge of the panel, near the stricker catch

- Behind the inside door handle, there is another torx screw, hidden by a round plastic cover. This cover is about 1cm in diametre. It has three snaplatches. Two on the either side go straight in, the 3rd, is on the bottom, but it slides down. To remove this without breaking the snaplatches, you need to insert a small flathead or pick tool on the top, and wedge the top out about 5mm. Then, pull the cover straight up. If you just pull towards you, you will break the bottom latch (no worries if it happens, the cover still latches well with two snaplatches).

- The inside door handle basket can now be removed.

- The door panel is held on with 'xmas trees'. Using a panel prying tool, it can be removed by carefully popping the trees

try this link with pics http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?/topic/2083-adding-65-components-in-front-doors/

Thanks buddy, your advice has been a big help. I'm going to try something over the weekend. Thanks again.

Hey guys, I have a Fusion 2 and was wondering how to upgrade the front and rear speakers. I have already replaced the double sized head unit with a Sony stereo and adapter.

Hi DarthRevan,

Any chance of a picture?

Did you have to cut the two plastic bars ?

was it a straight forward install?

what and where did you get the bits ?

Many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club