Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Engine In 1990 Ford Fiesta, Having some problems

drummerian

So the story:

Driving home from guildford my friends fiesta decided to spit out piston 1 all over the road. Several weeks later i am called in to help swap this out for a 'new' engine!

Anyway, spent the last 2 days getting the old engine out and new one in. Basically here are the problems, sorry for a relatively quick post, just need to get this out there!

Problem 1: The engine that was in the car has a 'dizzy' system i have never seen before (being into older minis i only ever see dizzys). Basically the 4 HTs plug into a block, about 10cm by 5cm and that simply bolts to the engine (just as a mount rather than anything else) now the problem is the 'new' one appears to hae a hole for a dizzy (the standard type i know about :blink: ). Need to know what to do about this :P

Problem 2: Clutch. As a general test i put the car into gear and pulled it forward, great all the gears work. And in N it rolls nicely (rather than stiffly from turning engine over aswel). However when my beautiful assistant presses the clutch down the car is still stiff to roll. The clutch arm moves via the cable nicely, just a bit confused on this one <_<

Thanks as always

Drummerian

p.s.

the one off the broken engine is something like this ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Fiesta-Mk3-Coil...86.c0.m14.l1318

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club