Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belt Or Chain On The 1.8L Petrol (56Reg)

starfield

Hi i have a 1.8L petrol (56 reg) zetec, climate pack. Does it have cam belt or is it chain driven?

sorry chain thought it was 1.6

less maintainence on chain

less maintainence on chain

yeah but more expensive when they do go wrong example chain tensioner on a nissan primera 700 quid vw passat 700 quid i know ive had the passat and the old man the primera never get a chain driven again

yeah but more expensive when they do go wrong example chain tensioner on a nissan primera 700 quid vw passat 700 quid i know ive had the passat and the old man the primera never get a chain driven again

That my be true but the person asking the question has a ford focus not a nissan or vw and the replacement rrp for the tensioner, chain and 2 x guides is only £140

If the 1.6 TDCi also came in a chain driven version, I would choose the chain driven car over a belt every time without a shadow of doubt.

Having a chain over a belt means one less renewable (and very expensive) item to have to worry about.

performancewise... which is better?

no difference really other than a chains heavier in reference to what i said its not the poarts that cost but the labour and on many cars requiers a lot of work to get into the chain ive seebnn chain driven cars have snapped chains seats and vw suffered from it others suffer from chain slap due to the tensioners needing replaced both have there pros and cons im saying from past experiences i wouldnt have a chain thats me others prefer them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club