Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Lights

fiesta_lad

Hi iam after a xenon light look for my fiesta something like this http://www.tyresmoke.net/albums/album208/Picture_022.jpg

Ive had a look on eBay and theres that many i rember getting some few years ago for my clio but there were more white and you could not see the blue anyone know were i can get a pair like the car in the link picture cheers alan.

ebay :) thats where i got mine!

Do u have pics of of your car with them on cheers.

Hi iam after a xenon light look for my fiesta something like this http://www.tyresmoke.net/albums/album208/Picture_022.jpg

Ive had a look on ebay and theres that many i rember getting some few years ago for my clio but there were more white and you could not see the blue anyone know were i can get a pair like the car in the link picture cheers alan.

There are lots of blue-tinted bulbs that are NOT "HID's", just xenon-enriched gas in a smaller filament quartz envelope. The best of these are PIAA ones, at ~£50 a pair of H4's. With a legal 60/55 watt spec., and very slight blue tint, so as to minimize robbing the light getting out of the glass, the claimed output is 110/100 watts. I have a pair, and they ARE good, but nothing like the true HID's.

There are a lot of good U.K. companies who keep spares, such as "www.superhids.co.uk", and "novablue", but the buggest name is HIDS4U, but there are companies that emulate their name. They have H4 kits from £145, to £245, as you can get better ballasts (high-volt generators), and they offer their own specially advanced design of burners. Some modern cars have sophisticated "bulb failure" detection built-in to the car's electronics, so those cars need "CANbus compatible" ballasts. The Fiesta is O.K. in this respect, but the neat superslim water-resistant units are worth getting. HIDS4U even have a kit for single headlight motorbikes.

The beemers you see with these lights have white light burners, with a colour temperature of 4,300 deg kelvin, but 6,000 is only slightly blue, without much sacrifice in brightness, and sensible sellers and buyers don't offer higher blueness than 8,000 deg kelvin, as the bobbys don't like colours that look too much like their own flashing lights. People do get pulled and fined, and told to revert to filament bulbs. If you are sensible with colour and use the 35 watt burners, and get them aligned, you are unlikely to be noticed, but they are still outwith U.K. law. The Dept for Transport have issued a long "interpretation" of E.U. Regs., and how retro-fit in the U.K. needs the full Continental system. (costs ~£1500 for a VW Golf, which is in line with its cost as an option when the car is bought new, just ask Ford. Or look up the Range-Rover options)

The 55 watt burners have a less controlled beam, with glare, flare, and just too damned bright. The 35 watt ones are more than 3 times the brightness of your standard Osram Bilux, ~1.5 + x the PIAA ones.

Looking at these on ebay do u think they will be ok for my car http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350183724672&_trksid=p2761.l1259

just look at what the bulbs are for your car and what 'wattage' they are before you buy them...

and as for the picture... i got me fogs from same place too

Photo0403.jpg

just look at what the bulbs are for your car and what 'wattage' they are before you buy them...

and as for the picture... i got me fogs from same place too

Photo0403.jpg

Thats the effect iam after do you have a link to eBay or the sellers details because for the past 2 years ive had xenon lights and there been crap and the ones on your car is the ones ive been after for a long time :lol:

Any more ideas people. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club