Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Servicing

steve-p

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions as you can tell new owner!!!!

I always like to do my own oil changes inbetween services, especialy as 12k for an oil change on a diesel seems high to me.

Simple i thought but the oil filter has me baffeled. So used to the old ways where it was easy to spot the oil filter as you got the full filter now you just get a replacement paper filter from ford, so i can't seem to find it. Is it housed near the top of the engine? as i can't see anything that resembles an oil filter hanging underneath. Should point out have 2.0 tdci.

Also what size hexagon drain plug key do i need, is it 12mm and are there any special tools needed for the oil filter removal??

Many thanks

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions as you can tell new owner!!!!

I always like to do my own oil changes inbetween services, especialy as 12k for an oil change on a diesel seems high to me.

Simple i thought but the oil filter has me baffeled. So used to the old ways where it was easy to spot the oil filter as you got the full filter now you just get a replacement paper filter from ford, so i can't seem to find it. Is it housed near the top of the engine? as i can't see anything that resembles an oil filter hanging underneath. Should point out have 2.0 tdci.

Also what size hexagon drain plug key do i need, is it 12mm and are there any special tools needed for the oil filter removal??

Many thanks

Steve

Hi just done the oil change and fuel filter cange, on early 07 2.0 TDCI, will upload pics at some point.

Need to remove engine cover and lower tray which is fairly straight forward.

Hex sump plug can't remember but was out of my standard hex set not a special. don't forget sump plug washer.

Filter is straight infront lower left plastic top 26mm, just below Fuel filter, paper element with 2 orings.

Is the same for fuel filter but whatever you do make sure you prime any new fuel filter fitted or vac the diesel through, This is a must and not an option if you want to start her up again easily.

Hope thius helps a little, PM me if you want any more info!

• 9 months later...

Just did a DIY oil and filter change myself on a 56 S-Max 2.0 Tdci.

Ford Prefect is right,

The drain plug is an 8mm allen key.

The filter is a 26mm hex socket.

post-21301-0-24746700-1300009266_thumb.j

oil filter highlighted

The 26mm socket was a tight fit onto the filter, needing tapping on using a wooden rod and mallet. It unscrews anticlockwise, mine was very tight, the main dealer service I did last time must have over torqued it.

Make sure you buy 5 litres of oil, not 4 litres like some of the oils come in these days, I needed all of 5 litres to bring it up to the top of the dipstick.

• Like 1