Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

londonboy

Transmission Faliure

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

Purchased new Kuga, drove only 300 plus miles, had catastrophic transmission faliure, all ATF fluid loss,due to factory not connecting pipe.

Would Fords of dagenham, Enfield assist under warranty, not likely.

Would only refill with ATF fluid, I wanted replacement transmission.

I was threatened, that should I take this matter to court, it would cost me more than the car £30,000,

I had unbelievable bad treatment from them.

welcome to the world of ford customer service they will only do the bear minimum to get the car running,if all it needed was oil then thats all you will get.make sure the incident is logged in there system and get a paper copy for yourself in case of any future problems

welcome to the world of ford customer service they will only do the bear minimum to get the car running,if all it needed was oil then thats all you will get.make sure the incident is logged in there system and get a paper copy for yourself in case of any future problems

Thanks for that

Thanks for that

also any correspondence you have with ford keep copies just incase ide also ask if they are prepared to extend the warranty on the transmission in case of future issues related to the fluid loss as it was theyre fault and should have been checked when leaving the plant and at the dealership if in doubt let trading standards deal with it for you