Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing Displays And More Key Questions

speakle

Hi all,

Some more questions I'd like to throw out there. My neighbour has just got a 2002 Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDI and there's a couple of things that are baffling us so here goes.

The stereo display constantly flashes when it's on. Everything works fine but we can't find a way to stop the flashing.

The climate control display flashes for a while and the returns to normal operation. I noticed when you turn the blowers off the display show "1" instead of "off".

I've also got a question about my own ongoing saga trying to get my remote locking working. Is there a procedure to de-programme a key? We're going to do some expeimenting with the keys and don't want to permenantly be able to unlock each others cars (potentially).

Hi all,

Some more questions I'd like to throw out there. My neighbour has just got a 2002 Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDI and there's a couple of things that are baffling us so here goes.

The stereo display constantly flashes when it's on. Everything works fine but we can't find a way to stop the flashing.

The climate control display flashes for a while and the returns to normal operation. I noticed when you turn the blowers off the display show "1" instead of "off".

I've also got a question about my own ongoing saga trying to get my remote locking working. Is there a procedure to de-programme a key? We're going to do some expeimenting with the keys and don't want to permenantly be able to unlock each others cars (potentially).

the flashing can mean that theres an aircon fault usually that it needs filled check if the aircon is blowing cold or not as for deprogramming keys leave it alone and get a locksmith to do it or you could end up spending hundreds getting it fixed yellow pages for mobile locksmiths thay can code it to the car in seconds the fob ids easy to programme the keys are not

Radio Frequency Programming Instructions:

Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.

Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.

During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.

Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.

That just saved you approximately £40 from Ford

Two Stage Unlocking:

Possible on all Mk3 cars and some of the later model Mk2 cars with the 3 button remote, this method allows the drivers door to be unlocked on its own with the rest of the doors remaining locked unless the fob's unlock button is pressed a second time. You can switch between modes at any time by following these instructions:

With both lock and unlock buttons depressed at the same time, wait until the indicator lights flash once. When complete two stage unlocking will be activated / deactivated accordingly.

Mk2 Key Upgrading:

If you have a 2 button remote key you may be able to upgrade to a 3 button key quite easily. If you can hear a motor operating when you press the release button on the boot then all you need to do is buy a new 3 button key. This additional button allows remote opening of the boot. The key sender part number is: 1132448 and is around £30.63 from Ford - you also need to key shaft and cutting which should be about £3 on top. They will try and charge you another £30 for programming - don't take it and follow the instructions listed here to save that money!

PATS Programming:

Again depending on the year of your car you may or may not need to have PATS programmed to your module. PATS is the immobiliser system used by Ford to safeguard your car from being started with a fake key. It's wiring and operation is kept a close secret for obvious reasons however should you need to program a key here are the instructions.

PATS System I:

This system uses a solid RED master key KEY NUMBER SEVEN IN THE GUIDE without this key the system can not accept new keys and will need to be taken to ford. To program a new key:

First insert your red master key in the ignition and turn to position II. When the control light (in clock/trip) illuminates turn the ignition off and remove the key.

After approximately 2 seconds the control light illuminates again for a short period.

When the control light goes out you have 10 seconds to program your new key.

Insert the new key in the ignition and turn it to position II. The control light illuminates to indicate a successful programming operation.

Remove the key.

PATS System II:

This system hasn't got a red key, instead it needs already programmed keys to access programming mode.

Insert the first already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II

Turn back to 0 and remove the key

Insert the second already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II

Key programming mode is now activated and you have ten seconds to:

Insert the unprogrammed new key into the ignition and turn to position II

Allow 10 seconds to pass for the system to exit programming mode

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club