AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

totty1989

Fiesta 2009 Mk7 Illuminated Gear Knob

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Has anyone fitted the illuminated gear knob to there mk7 fiesta? I have managed to put the gear knob on but its the wiring that i cannot get?

Can anyone please provide a set of fitting instructions, on where the gear knob has to be wired into?

Cheers!

Good luck fella, I've had my Fiesta for near on a year now and haven't yet been able to connect the illuminated gear lever or illuminated door sills. No Ford dealers in Queensland Australia (yup I've rang just about all of them) or Ford Australia could help. I've looked on countless forums, asked countless questions, even asked the question on Just Answer with no help. I did briefly connect it via another members assistance here, but I decided against leaving this in place as I thought it would cause a fire in my car haha!

After fitting the unit, I connected the wire to one of the fuses in the fuse box behind the Glove Box (where this invisible GEM unit is supposed to be) and IIRC it was used on the headlights fuse? Can't recall. It could have worked, but I didn't want to risk it because in Australia Ford warranty is shoddy as is, so doing this would mean any issue with my car they'd no doubt blame on my dodgy wiring!

If someone can shed some light on the invisible GEM unit, I'd be forever in your debt!

How did you remove the plasic round the bottom? So i can remove the gaiter and take that off to attach the new one?

I quite fancy one, but not for £80...

any updates on this gear knob?

Just got my Dad to tap in to the feed from the sidelights for the knob (so on at night when lights are on) and footwell lights feed for sill plates so they come on when doors open.

Got one fitted and I love it. My fiesta didn't have the connector for the gear knob so I wired it to the cigarette lighter. Just means it's on with the ignition not when my headlights are on

post-62049-143171344435_thumb.jpg

post-62049-143171345783_thumb.jpg

Stoney871 likes this