Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fcus ST3 problem

ST3_Norm

Hi. Just signed up. Can anyone help me?

Dad's ST makes a weird grinding/rubbing noise under the front at the wheels when turned in both directions. The car is standard so no lowering problems or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be or if this problem has occured on any others?

Dad says it's defo not arches, they clean and in tact.

The noise only happens when moving and turning, not only full lock, any sort of turning angle and it's a tinny sort of noise he says

Dad thinks the brakes have like a tin sort of material thing behind them.

Anyone who knows more about the layout of the brakes on these or what to look for would be appreciated so we don't have to go to ford!

Thanks

Hiya

I have hurd of a number of things that can cause the same problem you have,

1. is the track rod ends these seem to dry up and can cause i noise

2. is the lower arm ball joints i had mine replaced for the same reasion as your car had and that was when the car was 2 weeks old and had 68miles on the clock

3. i have hurd of many st's having top mount problems they dry up and can cause a creak noise worse when cold.

If i was you just make sure all the bolts every where are tight then start greasing and lubing things up. dont use wd 40, its better to use a silicone spray as its better working in all temps, you may need to undo a few bolts to make sure the spray gets right into it.

Good luck keep us informed Sorry not much help. :(

Hiya

I have hurd of a number of things that can cause the same problem you have,

1. is the track rod ends these seem to dry up and can cause i noise

2. is the lower arm ball joints i had mine replaced for the same reasion as your car had and that was when the car was 2 weeks old and had 68miles on the clock

3. i have hurd of many st's having top mount problems they dry up and can cause a creak noise worse when cold.

If i was you just make sure all the bolts every where are tight then start greasing and lubing things up. dont use wd 40, its better to use a silicone spray as its better working in all temps, you may need to undo a few bolts to make sure the spray gets right into it.

Good luck keep us informed Sorry not much help. :(

P.s also check the antiroll bar drop links i know the older shape use to suffer from the same problem.

Ok thanks man. I'll note them down and get dad to see if he can check em over the weekend. :D

I'll let you know if we find out what it is!

Thanks again.

Just thought i'd show you him with his pride and joy - 8500 miles since new in January 2005 and it still looks like it's from the showroom :D

IMG_0297.jpg

rearst.jpg

frontst.jpg

You know what i love the st3 your colour and the sea grey i just cant get insured on the dam things as had too many clames doh!!!

It looks great mate. Good luck for the weekend keep me posted. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :P :P :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club