5 replies to this topic

#1 adrian29

adrian29

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8dti estate

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:21 PM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend best place to order replacement Rubber seals that run across the top of the Headlamp units, both mine have perished and subsequently just left with the white plastic bit attached to the lamp units.

thanks

Adrian

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

Can anyone recommend best place to order replacement Rubber seals that run across the top of the Headlamp units, both mine have perished and subsequently just left with the white plastic bit attached to the lamp units.

thanks

Adrian

there is nowhere you can order seals they only come with the headlamps many have had the same issue and i can confirm from trying to find them myself they dont exist as replacement parts you will either need to buy new headlights or get a set from a breakers yard with the rubbers still attatched with the headlight removed they can be taken off yet replacement seals even ford will tell you you have to buy the headlamps

#3 adrian29

adrian29

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8dti estate

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:18 AM

there is nowhere you can order seals they only come with the headlamps many have had the same issue and i can confirm from trying to find them myself they dont exist as replacement parts you will either need to buy new headlights or get a set from a breakers yard with the rubbers still attatched with the headlight removed they can be taken off yet replacement seals even ford will tell you you have to buy the headlamps

Thanks artscot79,

i think i will leave a while and keep an eye out for some s/h ones, i was considering buy some readily available 'door seal' type rubber, cutting to suit and glueing to the white plastic bit that remains.

adrian

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thanks artscot79,

i think i will leave a while and keep an eye out for some s/h ones, i was considering buy some readily available 'door seal' type rubber, cutting to suit and glueing to the white plastic bit that remains.

adrian

you can remove the rubber parts from the second hand breakers lights that way you dont have to pay for them though i wouldnt tell the guy as many want you to take the whole light unit

#5 hawker

hawker

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Focus 1.6 TDCi

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

Too late I know, but to prolong the life of all rubber seals/strips on your car, keep them clean (obviously) and use silicone spray to keep them nice and supple.

#6 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:08 PM

Too late I know, but to prolong the life of all rubber seals/strips on your car, keep them clean (obviously) and use silicone spray to keep them nice and supple.

the problem if like mine seems to be with the glue ford used it goes hard and cracks and the rubber seperates from the plastic absoloute pain in the rear i managed to glue mine back on but ive got to get a set from the scrappy and ill just remove and replace the seals

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users