1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

adrian29

Replacement Rubber Seals?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Can anyone recommend best place to order replacement Rubber seals that run across the top of the Headlamp units, both mine have perished and subsequently just left with the white plastic bit attached to the lamp units.

thanks

Adrian

Hi,

Can anyone recommend best place to order replacement Rubber seals that run across the top of the Headlamp units, both mine have perished and subsequently just left with the white plastic bit attached to the lamp units.

thanks

Adrian

there is nowhere you can order seals they only come with the headlamps many have had the same issue and i can confirm from trying to find them myself they dont exist as replacement parts you will either need to buy new headlights or get a set from a breakers yard with the rubbers still attatched with the headlight removed they can be taken off yet replacement seals even ford will tell you you have to buy the headlamps

there is nowhere you can order seals they only come with the headlamps many have had the same issue and i can confirm from trying to find them myself they dont exist as replacement parts you will either need to buy new headlights or get a set from a breakers yard with the rubbers still attatched with the headlight removed they can be taken off yet replacement seals even ford will tell you you have to buy the headlamps

Thanks artscot79,

i think i will leave a while and keep an eye out for some s/h ones, i was considering buy some readily available 'door seal' type rubber, cutting to suit and glueing to the white plastic bit that remains.

adrian

Thanks artscot79,

i think i will leave a while and keep an eye out for some s/h ones, i was considering buy some readily available 'door seal' type rubber, cutting to suit and glueing to the white plastic bit that remains.

adrian

you can remove the rubber parts from the second hand breakers lights that way you dont have to pay for them though i wouldnt tell the guy as many want you to take the whole light unit

Too late I know, but to prolong the life of all rubber seals/strips on your car, keep them clean (obviously) and use silicone spray to keep them nice and supple.

Too late I know, but to prolong the life of all rubber seals/strips on your car, keep them clean (obviously) and use silicone spray to keep them nice and supple.

the problem if like mine seems to be with the glue ford used it goes hard and cracks and the rubber seperates from the plastic absoloute pain in the rear i managed to glue mine back on but ive got to get a set from the scrappy and ill just remove and replace the seals