Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

i think ford put abs as standard on all their cars from 2003.

stef is correct prior to 2003 it was just an option yet my passat had it standard and that was a 1998 mind you that had aircon climatronic alarm etc as standard but was more expensive when new to be honest i dont have the abs and i find it better in the winter as it allows the car to dig in and gt th grip abs doesnt

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

stef is correct prior to 2003 it was just an option yet my passat had it standard and that was a 1998 mind you that had aircon climatronic alarm etc as standard but was more expensive when new to be honest i dont have the abs and i find it better in the winter as it allows the car to dig in and gt th grip abs doesnt

ha even my 1999 clio had abs :lol:

yeah i agree about the lack of abs in the snow, ive driven a few cars with abs in the snow and i dont like them ;) i know its a safety feature but it has its moments.

#18 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

ha even my 1999 clio had abs :lol:

yeah i agree about the lack of abs in the snow, ive driven a few cars with abs in the snow and i dont like them ;) i know its a safety feature but it has its moments.

I think the world to abs granted in the snow it caused me to slide up the pavement but i find that CONTROLLED use of the handbrake is just as effective as not having abs because it digs the !Removed! of the car down, my 2 pence worth anyway lol.

Mike

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users