Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Lock On Doors

starfield

found this on a website:

To deactivate/reactivate the autolock feature using the power door unlock control

You must complete steps 1-7 within 30 seconds or the procedure will have to be repeated. If the procedure needs to be repeated, you must wait 30 seconds.

1. Turn the ignition key to ON.

2. Press the power door unlock control three times.

3. Turn the ignition key from ON to OFF.

4. Press the power door unlock control three times.

5. Turn the ignition back to ON. The horn will chirp.

6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control.

The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.

7. Turn the ignition to OFF. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.

My focus is the mark 2 (56 reg) and apparently does not work on them. For those with the mark one, this might prove useful.

try it and let me know

• Like 1

mk2 procedure is in the hand book

i do not have that, what is the procedure though?

i do not have that, what is the procedure though?

1. Turn on ignition till dash lights come on but don't start engine!

2. Lock the door using the lever on the door handle and then unlock 3 times

3. Turn off ignition

4. Repeat 2 but with ignition OFF

5. Turn on ignition - should hear a beep

6. Lock door again as in 2 BUT ONLY ONCE - final beep should be heard

7. Done!

Doors should now lock at around 5mph. including reverse!!!

not all mk2s have the software inside for it to be done ford removed it from a lot of the cars so that a software update would be needed to switch it on pointless really as you press the handle and do the same thing manually and this only works once per trip

does not work

could it be mine is a later version (56)

I've a Mk2 (2006) Zetec. I've not got this procedure in my handbook.

I asked my local Ford dealer how to do it, and they said that it cannot be done on my car.

I've a Mk2 (2006) Zetec. I've not got this procedure in my handbook.

I asked my local Ford dealer how to do it, and they said that it cannot be done on my car.

Is this what your after

as said the softwre was removed from the focus i dont know when though so that people who wanted this function had to go to ford get the software upgrade which obviously costs money if it doesnt work you dont have the software

as said the softwre was removed from the focus i dont know when though so that people who wanted this function had to go to ford get the software upgrade which obviously costs money if it doesnt work you dont have the software

it worked for me

No catch. That link seems to discuss how to unlock the drivers door only with a single press of the remote. It doesnt seem to have anything to do with automatically locking the doors once you drive off.

• 6 years later...

Hi there,

I have the Ford Edge and the garage has told me that for safety reasons I don't have auto lock on my car but I am not sure they are telling the truth. Can anyone help? x

On 5/7/2010 at 8:23 AM, catch said:

it worked for me

In what way did it work? So you managed to enable auto-locking on your car??

Genuinely interested in this...

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

In what way did it work? So you managed to enable auto-locking on your car??

Genuinely interested in this...

Don't get your hopes up of a reply, that post is almost 7 years old now.

I enabled the auto lock with the elm config and adaptor with the auto relock for when someone gets out of the car and the car sets off again.

But wow 7 year thread resurrected and still very relevant . 

17 hours ago, Pullock said:

Don't get your hopes up of a reply, that post is almost 7 years old now.

Wow. Oops. lol

I didn't realize the guy above me had resurrected such an old thread, I didn't pay attention to the dates.

• Like 1

Elmconfig and cable worked on 2009 Mk2.5. Also good for our Mondeo Mk4.5. Worth the £15 for the cable just for the auto lock :)

• 1 month later...

if  this procedure does not work, can it be activated with the elm config or will it need new software from fords?

I think we need to organise a little meet somewhere so that people who want auto lock enabled and people with the software and cable can spend the afternoon configuring there car lol

• 3 years later...

Hi there!

Really sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I had a quick question. I've successfully added a switch to my ELM 327 for the MS-CAN. I went to GEM inside ELMConfig and saw that Autolocking, the main category (with two options below) is checked off. I've read that if it is turned off the feature is not available. Is it true? Can I activate autolocking anyway?

Thank you,

Dorian.

23 hours ago, doriangh said:

Hi there!

Really sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I had a quick question. I've successfully added a switch to my ELM 327 for the MS-CAN. I went to GEM inside ELMConfig and saw that Autolocking, the main category (with two options below) is checked off. I've read that if it is turned off the feature is not available. Is it true? Can I activate autolocking anyway?

Thank you,

Dorian.

Use Forscan

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have ford focus titanium model 2010. Which comes up with keyless entry. How to perform these steps in that case ?