Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Unknown Fault Codes

pwannell

Hi all, i'm really really sorry for this to be a first topic of mine but I am losing hair over the issue I am having. I have had the ESP light on on my Titanium now for literally a month just one day it appeared. Now i have OBDII fault codes of C1440 and C1288. Now Ford UK do not know these codes for my car and apparently it only appears in the USA with some ST's. Now I don't have a USA Car nor do i have an ST....as much as i would love one. Now Ford cannot give me a hire car for 3 weeks and wish to charge me £100 to just run a few more tests on it and they reckon its going to be with them for 3 days which is £100 per day plus an overnight fee.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Hi all, i'm really really sorry for this to be a first topic of mine but I am losing hair over the issue I am having. I have had the ESP light on on my Titanium now for literally a month just one day it appeared. Now i have OBDII fault codes of C1440 and C1288. Now Ford UK do not know these codes for my car and apparently it only appears in the USA with some ST's. Now I don't have a USA Car nor do i have an ST....as much as i would love one. Now Ford cannot give me a hire car for 3 weeks and wish to charge me £100 to just run a few more tests on it and they reckon its going to be with them for 3 days which is £100 per day plus an overnight fee.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

FORD/MERCURY: TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT WITH DTC C1440. SOME VEHICLES BUILT MAY EXHIBIT THE TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT ON WITH DTC CODE C1440. IF THE VEHICLE IS OPERATED FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD FOLLOWING THE ILLUMINATION OF THE TRACTION CONTROL

from what im finding its common with every ford from america from the explorer to the mercury

c1440 means C1440 Pressure transducer main / primary signal faulted

C1288 Pressure transducer main / primary input circuit failure

A pressure transducer is a transducer that converts pressure into an analogue electrical signal. Although there are various types of pressure transducers, one of the most common is the strain-gauge based transducer. The conversion of pressure into an electrical signal is achieved by the physical deformation of strain gauges which are bonded onto the diaphragm of the pressure transducer and wired into a wheatstone bridge configuration. Pressure applied to the pressure transducer produces a deflection of the diaphragm which introduces strain to the gauges. The strain will produce an electrical resistance change proportional to the pressure.

basically the esp has a sensor a pressure sensor fitted this sensor tells the esp when the wheels have little or no pressure applied so the esp kicks in yours is faulty and needs replaced all esp fitted vehicles will have this code and i found them on ford uks diagnostic trouble codes so ford uk do know what they are and they are not limited to america but all fords with esp fitted

Thank you for your help, We have taken the car into a Ford Dealer now and they are saying its the ABS Pump at 925+VAT plus labour.....What's the score if they fit this and it doesn't sort the problem out due to the fact that what your saying is it's not the ABS pump.

Cheers

Thank you for your help, We have taken the car into a Ford Dealer now and they are saying its the ABS Pump at 925+VAT plus labour.....What's the score if they fit this and it doesn't sort the problem out due to the fact that what your saying is it's not the ABS pump.

Cheers

my infosed the ault codes you provided which does not point to the abs pump this doesnt mean that it isnt the pump if they have diagnosed this as the fault then i cant speak for them ide be pretty pixxed if it didnt fix the fault like all things you could get another opinion

indeed, this is what gets to me, we have now been to 2 places and one agreed with you and the other has now pointed toward the ABS Pump. The trouble is the second garage never diagnosed the second code they diagnosed the c1288 and not the other code and immediately diagnosed the ABS pump. I'm really very confused...

indeed, this is what gets to me, we have now been to 2 places and one agreed with you and the other has now pointed toward the ABS Pump. The trouble is the second garage never diagnosed the second code they diagnosed the c1288 and not the other code and immediately diagnosed the ABS pump. I'm really very confused...

you can buy recon pumps ata fraction of the price ford would charge i would take the explanation of the codes to them and ask them that due to the cost you want it confirmed that the abs pump is the fault