Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 Spare Wheel

sausageroll

Hi all,

I am new here and just looking for a little help, picked up my new (2 months old) ford fiesta last week only to discover that it has the tyre inflation kit and no spare wheel.

Unfortunately the dealer was not very helpful when I asked for a spare wheel and jack kit "certainly sir that will be £150.00 please".

So a couple of questions,

1. Anyone know wher I can get one cheaper than this (have tried local scrap yards without any luck)
  2. Will an older shape wheel and jack kit do the job (maybe mk7)
  3. and one more stupid question, where is the jacking point on the new fiesta, the manual says there is an indentatin in the sill but I can see this on my car?.

Thanks in advance

Basically the wheel size you need is 175/65 R14 if you look on eBay they sell them on there.

To see where the jack point is you will have to get on the ground and line the jack up under the car. The points are a fully flipped out key and a half from each wheel arch.

MK7 !! haha sorry it annoys me when you see the 6.5 classed as the 7 and then the 7 as the 8... i am fussy!

Whoa whoa whoa, I am confused now lol. I am not sure what Mk it is (reg Jan 2010).

But, what type of jack will I need, can I get a jack from an older model (see how I avoided saying Mk4,5 or 6 there).

Thanks again, all help appreciated.

Also still struggling to find the jacking point, looked under car and can see the sill lip that I guess the V formation of the jack goes on but I can not see any marks to say where to put the jack (manual clearly shows an indentation top left of manual page 136, otr a flappy down thing again not on mine), anyone out there got a new shape fiesta please help.

Whoa whoa whoa, I am confused now lol. I am not sure what Mk it is (reg Jan 2010).

But, what type of jack will I need, can I get a jack from an older model (see how I avoided saying Mk4,5 or 6 there).

Also still struggling to find the jacking point, looked under car and can see the sill lip that I guess the V formation of the jack goes on but I can not see any marks to say where to put the jack (manual clearly shows an indentation top left of manual page 136, otr a flappy down thing again not on mine), anyone out there got a new shape fiesta please help.

its a 7 lol and errm if you run your hand under the doors you will find it, i cant describe where it is, but when i needed jack mine up i found it easy enough

Try using this seller on eBay and give them a call they seem to sell a lot of new style fiesta parts although the jack in this listing is sold they will proberly be selling one again i guess.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIESTA-2009-NEW-SHAPE-JACK-WHEEL-BRACE-AND-TOW-EYE-KIT_W0QQitemZ270569140043QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3eff2d6f4b

In terms of the jack point it is about a full flip key length and a half away from the wheel arch you will have to get on the floor and look under as the indentation point is very small but it is there.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club